Technology and Combat Characteristics
The ZM-S06G Zollidia is one of several mobile suits based on the ZM-S06S Zoloat. Specifically, the Zollidia was designed as a ground-use version for combat on Earth and optimized as such. Changes include increasing the armor, deceasing the number of thrusters, and upping the output of the reactor slightly. Because of the changes to the shoulders, the Zollidia lacks the Zoloat's beam-string emitter and the beam shield is relocated to the left forearm. This placement of the beam shield allows the Zollidia to protect itself from any direction, making it much more effective than the Zoloat's beam shield.
- 4-barrel Vulcan Gun
- A multi-barrel machine gun mounted on each side of Zollidia's torso. The weapon has a relatively small caliber, making it unsuitable for use against mobile suits. It is better used against lightly armored targets such as aircraft, transport truck, or soldiers.
- Beam Shield
- Unlike an I-field generator, which is effective only against beam attacks, the beam shield blocks both beam and projectile weapons. The beam shield generates a plane of energy similar to the blade of a beam saber. This plane is divided into multiple sections, which can be turned on or off as needed to conserve energy. Individual sections are also automatically deactivated whenever they're in danger of coming into contact with the mobile suit itself.
- Beam Saber
- Standard melee combat weapon that uses high energy plasma contained by an I-field to form a blade. Hand-carried when in use. Stored in the torso shoulders when not in use.
- Beam Cannon
- A pair of beam cannons can be optionally mounted on the hardpoints on the suit's back.
- Beam Rifle
- A standard range weapon employed by almost all mobile suits, though with many differing models, it fires beams of condensed mega particles. The Zollidia uses the same beam rifle as the ZMT-S12G Shokew, it is powered by a e-pac.
Special Equipment & Features
After the success of the ZM-S06S Zoloat, BESPA used its data to develop several mobile suits for the invasion of Earth, one of which was the ground combat use Zollidia. The Zollidia was often used together with the Einerad, and widely deployed in the North America.
Notes and Trivia