Technology & Combat Characteristics
Kerberos ZAKU Warrior is the ZGMF-1000 ZAKU Warrior equipped with the back-mounted Kerberos Wizard, which is originally designed for the TMF/A-802W2 Kerberos BuCUE Hound. The Kerberos Wizard, one of the close combat armament packs in the Wizard System, is equipped with a pair of beam fang systems, a close combat weapon that emits two short beam blades and can be used as a handheld weapon, as well as a pair of beam cannons. Both weapons are located in the "heads" of the Wizard. Each of the Kerberos Wizard's "heads" is equipped with its own tracking and target acquisition system, they are thus capable of attacking different directions simultaneously.
Issac Mau's Kerberos ZAKU Warrior replaces the left shoulder's shield with a spike shoulder armor in order to improve the movement range for the wizard's "heads". As for Suu's Kerberos ZAKU Warrior, it is a special unit with performance superior to ZGMF-1001 ZAKU Phantom due to major overhaul of the internal system.
- Anti-Beam Shield
- A distinctive shield mounted on the left shoulder, leaving both hands free to hold weapons. The shield is capable of independent movement, has an anti-beam coating on its surface and three spikes for use in melee combat. Additionally, the shield's back has hardpoints for mounting two spare magazines for the beam assault rifle. It also stores the beam tomahawk, which slides out of a slot near the top of the shield when deployed, grip first. Issac Mau's Kerberos ZAKU Warrior discards the shield in favor of wider movement range for the wizard's "heads", making it more attack-oriented.
- MA-M8 Beam Tomahawk
- An axe-shaped weapon that emits a curved beam blade, it is the ZAKU's primary close combat weapon and can also be thrown.
- Hand Grenade
- Four hand grenades are stored on the suit's side skirt armor. Several different types can be carried, including fragmentation, high-explosive, and smoke grenades.
- Beam Fang System
- Close combat system of the back-mounted Kerberos Wizard, it is installed in the horns of the "heads" of the Wizard. It can emit 2 beam blades, 1 pointing directly forward and another pointing to the side. On the Kerberos ZAKU Warrior/Phantom, the horns can be removed and used as handheld beam blades. In this form, the horns can be wielded individually or combined, forming a dual edge beam blade.
- Beam Cannon
- A pair of beam cannons located in the "mouth" of each "head" of the Kerberos Wizard. Due to the design of the targeting system on the "heads", the cannons' effective range are shorten but in return, they gain higher firing rate which is useful for suppressive fire.
- MMI-M633 Beam Assault Rifle
- The primary ranged weaponry of the ZAKU series, this beam firearm's design emphasizes destructive power and rapid-fire capabilities. Its accuracy is lowered somewhat as a result, but the scattering of its beam shots allows for simultaneous attack of multiple targets. Unlike most beam rifles, it does not draw power from the mobile suit's battery. Instead, the rifle is powered by the energy stored in a replaceable drum-type magazine. When not in use, this weapon could be stored on the back waist armor.
Special Equipment & Features
- Kerberos Wizard
The custom Kerberos ZAKU Warrior used by Issac Mau, a ZAFT soldier assigned by Chairman Durandal to watch over and protect the Martian ship Acidalium, is a modified version of the Kerberos ZAKU Warrior used by the special forces stationed aboard the Lagash Base. Issac switched from his TMF/A-802W2 Kerberos BuCUE Hound to this machine after visiting the base together with the crew of Acidalium.
Suu, a violent mercenary who fought for ZAFT in the Republic of East Asia, is also known to use a custom Kerberos ZAKU Warrior.