Technology & Combat Characteristics
Slash ZAKU Warrior is the close combat configuration of the ZGMF-1000 ZAKU Warrior achieved through the use of the back-mounted EX-K Slash Wizard Pack. In addition to the standard armaments of the ZAKU Warrior, the Slash ZAKU Warior is armed with two MMI-M826 "Hydra" Gatling beam cannons as well as a MA-MR Falx G7 beam axe, which is possibly the strongest melee weapon available to the ZAKU Warrior. The Slash ZAKU Warrior is one of the lightest configuration of the ZAKU Warrior and this allows it to stay mobile during close combat.
- Hand Grenade
- Stored on the waist of the suit, four hand grenades are among the standard armament of the ZAKU. Several different types can be carried, including fragmentation, high-explosive, and smoke grenades.
- Shoulder Shield
- A distinctive shield mounted on the left shoulder, leaving both hands free to hold weapons. Large enough to protect the torso, the shield has an anti-beam coating and three spikes for use in melee combat. The shield's back has hardpoints for mounting two spare magazines for the beam assault rifle. It also stores the beam tomahawk, which slides out of a slot near the top of the shield when deployed, grip first.
- MA-M8 Beam Tomahawk
- An axe-shaped weapon that emits a curved beam blade, it is the ZAKU Warrior's primary close combat weapon and can also be thrown.
- MMI-M633 Beam Assault Rifle
- The primary ranged weaponry of the ZAKU series, this beam firearm's design emphasizes destructive power and rapid-fire capabilities. Its accuracy is lowered somewhat as a result, but the scattering of its beam shots allows for simultaneous attack of multiple targets. Unlike most beam rifles, it does not draw power from the mobile suit's battery. Instead, the rifle is powered by the energy stored in a replaceable drum-type magazine. When not in use, this weapon could be stored on the back waist armor.
- MA-MR Falx G7 Beam Axe
- The primary close combat weapon of the Slash ZAKU Warrior, the MA-MR Falx G7 beam axe is like a pole-arm version of the beam tomahawk. The beam axe has a greater reach than the beam tomahawk and may even be greater than most beam sabers. The beam axe has two beam blades at the top and a scythe attached to the bottom. When not in use, the beam axe's handle collapses and the weapon is stored on the back waist armor.
- MMI-M826 "Hydra" Gatling Beam Cannon
- Mounted on the Slash ZAKU Warrior's back are two MMI-M826 "Hydra" Gatling beam cannons. The Gatling beam cannons posses a very high rate of fire in exchange for weaker beams, and are mainly used for suppressive fire and for intercepting attacks. Unlike the beam rifle of the ZAKU, the Gatling beam cannons are directly powered by the suit's battery.
Special Equipment & Features
- EX-K Slash Wizard
The ZAKU Warrior was one of the machines in the "New Millennium Series" that was developed to cope with the technological and numerical restrictions placed on the various superpowers as part of the Junius Treaty signed after the first war. When the Second Alliance-PLANT War broke out between ZAFT and the EA, the ZAKU Warrior and its higher performance sibling, the ZGMF-1001 ZAKU Phantom, was used alongside the older models in most battles of the war. Due to its ability to mount Wizard Packs, the ZAKU Warriors were nearly every time fielded with such a pack attached to it. The Slash ZAKU Warrior, while not as common as the Blaze ZAKU Warrior, would see combat throughout many theaters of war such as the PLANTS, the moon, and the Orb Union.
|Mobile Suit Gundam SEED C.E. 73: STARGAZER Mechanics|
GAT-01A2R Slaughter Dagger | GAT-X103AP Verde Buster Gundam | GAT-X105E+AQM/E-X09S Strike Noir Gundam | GAT-X1022 Blu Duel Gundam | GFAS-X1 Destroy Gundam
Linear Gun Tank
|Aircraft / Spacecraft|
|Transporter / Supply Ship|
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
TFA-4DE GAZuOOT | TMF/A-802 BuCUE | TMF/A-802W2 Kerberos BuCUE Hound | ZGMF-1000/A1 Gunner ZAKU Warrior | ZGMF-1000/K Slash ZAKU Warrior | ZGMF-1000/M Blaze ZAKU Warrior | ZGMF-1017 GINN
GSX-401FW Stargazer Gundam | UT-1D Civilian Astray DSSD Custom
ZGMF-1017 GINN Insurgent Type