Technology & Combat Characteristics
A variant of the ZGMF-1000 ZAKU Warrior equipped with the Wizard System's EX-A1 Gunner Wizard on its back. The Gunner ZAKU Warrior is specialized for artillery strikes, and its main weapon is the M1500 "Orthros" high-energy long-range beam cannon mounted on the Gunner Wizard. This beam cannon is the strongest ranged weapon available to the ZAKU Warrior and grants it impressive firepower over long ranges, capable of destroying any mobile suits or mobile armors within its line of fire.
- M1500 "Orthros" high-energy long-range beam cannon
- Mounted on the back-mounted Gunner Wizard, the M1500 "Orthros" high-energy long-range beam cannon is a powerful beam weapon with a long effective range. However, the weapon is slow firing and has quite a recoil when fired, thus its operation requires the Gunner ZAKU Warrior to use both hands. When in use, the cannon is slung under the right shoulder and unfolds into its full length, which is taller than the mobile suit. When not in use, the cannon is folded and stored on the Gunner Wizard. Because of the intense power requirements of the "Orthros", the Gunner Wizard comes with its own large capacity energy tank to draw energy from.
- Anti-Beam Shield
- A distinctive shield mounted on the left shoulder, leaving both hands free to hold weapons. The shield is capable of independent movement, has an anti-beam coating on its surface and three spikes for use in melee combat. Additionally, the shield's back has hardpoints for mounting two spare magazines for the beam assault rifle. It also stores the beam tomahawk, which slides out of a slot near the top of the shield when deployed, grip first.
- MA-M8 Beam Tomahawk
- An axe-shaped weapon that emits a curved beam blade, it is the ZAKU Warrior's primary close combat weapon and can also be throw.
- Hand Grenade
- Four hand grenades are stored on the suit's side skirt armor. Several different types can be carried, including fragmentation, high-explosive, and smoke grenades.
- MMI-M633 Beam Assault Rifle
- A handheld ranged weapon of the ZAKU Series, this beam firearm's design emphasizes destructive power and rapid-fire capabilities. Its accuracy is lowered somewhat as a result, but the scattering of its beam shots allows for simultaneous attack of multiple targets. Unlike most beam rifles, it does not draw power from the mobile suit's battery. Instead, the rifle is powered by the energy stored in a replaceable drum-type magazine. When not in use, this weapon could be stored on the back waist armor.
Special Equipment & Features
- EX-A1 Gunner Wizard
One custom red-colored Gunner ZAKU was used by ZAFT red elite pilot Lunamaria Hawke, who is one of the pilots stationed aboard the new battleship Minerva. Lunamaria and her suit were thrown early into serious battles, when three prototype Second Stage Series Gundams are stolen from the ZAFT colony Armory One by Earth Alliance special forces team Phantom Pain. As a result, Lunamaria and her ZAKU fought several times against the stolen Gundams while pursuing them to Earth. When the Minerva descended to Earth and the Second Alliance-PLANT War began, Lunamaria's ZAKU was most times used as a fixed turret standing on board the Minerva while shooting down enemies. Her suit was eventually critically damaged during battle against a joint EA/Orb Union fleet, when it was hit by several missiles from an Orb's MVF-M11C Murasame. Lunamaria herself was injured but recovered right in time to get her new suit, the ZGMF-X56S Impulse Gundam, formerly piloted by Shinn Asuka.
Former GAT-X103 Buster Gundam pilot and Jule Team member Dearka Elsman also piloted a Gunner ZAKU Warrior (in his custom color in the HD remaster version) during the "Break the World" incident while fighting rogue Coordinators in their ZGMF-1017M2 GINN High Maneuver Type II. He eventually switched to a custom-colored ZGMF-1001/M Blaze ZAKU Phantom during the last weeks of the war. Several Gunner ZAKU Warriors with custom colored shoulder spikes were part of the Jule Team that fought to destroy one of the Requiem superweapon's relay stations. After that, the Gunner ZAKU Warriors were deployed to defend the Messiah fortress and the ZAFT-seized Requiem.
Notes and Trivia
- The "Orthros" beam cannon, is named after a two-headed dog in Greek mythology, brother to the more famous Kerberos. Interestingly, Gunner ZAKU Warrior pilot Lunamaria Hawke would later pilot the ZGMF-X56S/γ Blast Impulse Gundam, which has a pair of beam cannons named after Kerberos.
- Lunamaria's Gunner ZAKU Warrior appears in the Extreme Vs. series as a 2000 cost unit. Although her ZAKU does not have its beam rifle, it can still lob its tomahawk to stun foes and it still retains both its hand grenades and the Orthros beam cannon. Additionally, it can also summon Rey Za Burrel's Blaze ZAKU Phantom to shoot missiles. In later installments, Lunamaria would also to summon Athrun Zala's Saviour to perform a melee combo on a target and Shinn Asuka's Blast Impulse to fire its Kerberos cannons in a sustained shot. In Extreme Vs 2, Lunamaria will lose the ability to call on Rey and Athrun for support, instead being able to call the Impulse's other silhouettes for aid. She can now summon Shinn's Force Impulse to fire its beam rifle and the Sword Impulse to charge at the opponent while the Blast Impulse will fire its missile pods after shooting its beam cannons. The Gunner ZAKU would finally receive its beam rifle, being able to fire three quick shots before having to recharge. For its burst attack, Lunamaria will summon Shinn's Force Impulse to charge at a foe with an anti-ship sword. Humorously, Lunamaria can also shoot at the foe stunned this way to destroy the Impulse and cause an explosion to further damage the target.
|Mobile Suit Gundam SEED C.E. 73: STARGAZER Mechanics|
GAT-01A2R 105 Slaughter Dagger | GAT-X103AP Verde Buster Gundam | GAT-X105E+AQM/E-X09S Strike Noir Gundam | GAT-X1022 Blu Duel Gundam | GFAS-X1 Destroy Gundam
Linear Gun Tank
|Aircraft / Spacecraft|
|Transporter / Supply Ship|
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
TFA-4DE GAZuOOT | TMF/A-802 BuCUE | TMF/A-802W2 Kerberos BuCUE Hound | ZGMF-1000/A1 Gunner ZAKU Warrior | ZGMF-1000/K Slash ZAKU Warrior | ZGMF-1000/M Blaze ZAKU Warrior | ZGMF-1017 GINN
GSX-401FW Stargazer Gundam | UT-1D Civilian Astray DSSD Custom
ZGMF-1017 GINN Insurgent Type