Technology & Combat Characteristics
The YMS-09R-2 is a prototype of the Rick Dom II developed by the United Maintenance Plan. The Rick-Dom Zwei's performance is not much different from the Rick Dom II's, but the appearance is very similar to MS-09F/trop Dom Tropen and it is speculated that the exterior was diverted.
- Scattering Beam Gun
- A beam weapon mounted in the left side of the Rick-Dom Zwei's chest. The output of the beam gun has been increased, allowing it to be used as a close-range weapon in addition to blinding enemies.
- Heat Saber
- The Prototype Rick-Dom Zwei's main close combat weapon, it uses thermal energy to superheat its blade to melt through the armor of an enemy machine. It has an electrical discharge function and can store high charges via the application of Minovsky particle physics. As the heat saber degrades during use, it is discarded after usage. Mounted on the backpack when not in use.
- MMP-80 90mm Machine Gun
- A small caliber machine gun for mobile suits developed under the United Maintenance Plan. The overall shape and mechanism of the Zaku Machine Gun, which was previously deployed, has been changed. The magazine has been changed from a drum magazine to a box magazine, and a 197mm grenade launcher is available as an option. The caliber has been reduced to 90mm, but as a result, the hit rate has improved, and the 90mm shell used is also excellent in initial velocity and anti-MS firepower. The number of bullets loaded is 32 in the standard single magazine and 100 in the triple magazine. The late production model features a different barrel and hand guard, resulting in a more compact shape.
- 360mm Giant Bazooka
- A bazooka for MS that fires rocket-propelled 360mm physical rounds. Liquid fuel supplied through a pipe from the Prototype Rick-Dom Zwei's hand is injected as a primary propellant, and then the projectile's speed is increased by rocket motor ignition. It is fed by a 10 rounds magazine, and a single round can blow the torso off of an enemy mobile suit.
- 880mm RB-T27 Raketen Bazooka
- A new heavy bazooka which features powerful rocket-propelled rounds, and improved targeting sensor with protective cover for aiming. It is fed by a 5 round clip and spare clips can be carried.
- A simplified, disposable rocket launcher. It is commonly used by Zeon mobile suits in the late stages of the One Year War. As the warhead is not equipped with a guidance device, it is extremely hard to use the Sturm Faust to hit a moving target accurately. However, it is still a highly destructive portable weapon.
After various testings were completed, a lone Prototype Rick-Dom Zwei was stored inside the dock of space fortress A Baoa Qu. In the final days of the One Year War, the Prototype Rick-Dom Zwei was stationed aboard Gwazine-class Gwaden, the flagship of Colonel Aiguille Delaz. In Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory OVA, the YMS-09R-2 served as a reserve suit for Zeon ace pilot Captain Anavel Gato in place of his customized MS-14A Gelgoog unit. During the events in Mobile Suit Gundam 0083 Rebellion manga and Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Mayfly of Space 2 picture drama, Gato piloted the Prototype Rick-Dom Zwei to stop an enraged Cima Garahau's pursuit of her superior Col. Asakura during Delaz Fleet's retreat from A Baoa Qu at the conclusion of One Year War.
Notes and Trivia