Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Gells-Ghe is the second large mobile armor used by the Earth Alliance during the second war. Like the YMAF-X6BD Zamza-Zah, it is operated by a crew of three, can be used on Earth or in space, has atmospheric flight capabilities and can deploy a positron reflector shield that can deflect nearly any attack. However unlike the Zamza-Zah, the positron reflector shield is mounted on the front for easier use and as a result, it is often used to defend important bases. The Gells-Ghe's unique structure of combining an insect-like main body with the torso of a modified GAT-01 Strike Dagger allows it to walk on irregular or difficult terrain easily while maintaining the versatility of a MS. The MA's six legs are folded up during flight mode. The armament of the Gells-Ghe consists of a 75mm CIWS mounted in the head, two handheld beam rifles, two leg-mounted beam cannons and a dual 125mm smoothbore cannon mounted on the rear of the mobile armor.
- "Igelstellung" 75mm multi-barrel CIWS
- Mounted on the left side of Gells-Ghe's head is a "Igelstellung" CIWS, this light projectile weapon is capable of rapid fire and is normally used to intercept missiles and other enemy units.
- GMA628 Beam Cannon
- A beam cannon is mounted in each of the pincer-like front legs of the Gells-Ghe, they can easily destroy a MS in one hit and provide the MA with additional weapons during frontal assault.
- Mk61 Dual 125mm Smoothbore Cannon
- Mounted on the rear of the mobile armor, these shell-firing cannons are stronger than the CIWS and help to defend the MA against attacks from the back.
- "Schneid Schutz" SX1021 Positron Reflector Shield
- A powerful energy shield strong enough to block a positron cannon blast, it is jointly generated by three emitters, two located on the shoulders of the MS part and one on the lower body. Unlike its predecessor, the Zamza-Zah, the Gells-Ghe's shield emitters are all forward facing, effectively reducing the time to deploy the shield without needing to reposition the mobile armor's whole body.
- M7045/F Beam Rifle
- A handheld ranged beam weaponry, it is derived from the Strike Dagger's beam rifle and serve as the Gells-Ghe's main weapon. The MA is usually seen dual-wielding the beam rifles, with one M7045/F beam rifle in each hand.
Another mobile armor created by Adukurf Mechano-Industries for the Earth Alliance. The first known Gells-Ghe was deployed in CE 73 to protect the Lohengrin Gate fortification in the Gulnahan Ravine, east of Suez. It was instrumental in thwarting ZAFT's first attack on the base, but the second attack, reinforced by the battleship Minerva, was successful when ZGMF-X23S Saviour Gundam disabled the mobile armor, allowing the ZGMF-X56S Impulse Gundam to destroy the Lohengrin Gate.
Later in space, two Gells-Ghes were deployed to defend the Daedalus lunar base, with one unit being able to protect the base from the Minerva's Positron Blaster Cannon. The two units were eventually destroyed by the Minerva's mobile suits. During the battle at Messiah, multiple YMAF-X6BD Zamza-Zahs and Gells-Ghes were part of the Earth Alliance forces which volunteered to join the Orb National Defense Space Force. They were responsible for serving as the vanguard of the fleet, protecting the rest of the fleet with their positron reflectors.
Notes & Trivia
- With a humanoid upper torso on a large, spider-like lower body, the Gells-Ghe greatly resembles the Dispider mirror monster from Kamen Rider Ryuki as well as the Driders of R.A. Salvatore's Forgotten Realms novels.
- The AEU-MA07013 Agrissa Type 13 may have been inspired by this mobile armor, as it also has 6 insect-like legs, and a mobile suit torso on top.
- The cockpit of the Gells-Ghe and the Zamza-Zah is similar to the cockpit found in the Cyclon Raider of the 1978 [Battlestar Galactica].
- The Gells-Ghe does not appear in the Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Battle Destiny video game. Missions set in the areas that it appeared has its predecessor Zamza-Zah deployed instead.
- Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny MSV Field 03: Lunar Orbit - Messiah vicinity