Technology & Combat Characteristics
Based on the xvv-xc Zedas, the Zedas R is an improved model over the original unit. It retains all of its weapons from before the upgrade. One of the minor modifications made to the Zedas R is increased compatibility with X-Rounders, however this compatibility is currently imperfect. Later on this compatibility is perfected in newer Vagan models. Its armor is strong enough to take a swipe from the upgraded AGE-1 Gundam AGE-1 Normal's beam saber.
Even though the Zedas R was already improved compared to the original unit, the Zedas R's response time could not keep up with Zeheart Galette's abilities as seen in the second battle against the AGE-1 Gundam.
- Zedas Sword
- While normally serving as the Zedas R's "tail", it can be detached and used as a sword in close combat. It boasts higher cutting power than a beam saber.
- Beam Vulcan/Beam Saber
- Mounted in both hands, the beam vulcans are the standard ranged weapon for most Vagan mobile suits. These beam weapons have a high rate of fire and are moderately powerful, capable of destroying small vehicles, buildings, and even mobile suits. The beam vulcans can also generate a beam saber each for close range combat, allowing Vagan mobile suits to switch quickly from ranged combat to close range combat. The beam sabers can easily cut through most mobile suits.
- Beam Cannon
- The same type of beam cannon from the original Zedas, it fires a very wide beam and is more powerful than the beam vulcans.
Special Equipment & Features
Note: For Zedas R's history, please go to Zeheart Galette's page.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Zedas R" Assembly Instruction Manual, 1/144 scale HG Gundam AGE, No.12, Bandai, (2012)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Mobile Suit Gundam AGE Episode 18 "Graduation Ceremony Combat"
- ↑ The green "eyes" situated on the chest are referred to as sensors in the HG Zedas R coating instruction guide.
- ↑ Gundam AGE x3 radio show - March 11th 2012
- ↑