Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Zedas R is an improved model of the xvv-xc Zedas. It retains all of the weapons from its predecessor, with one of the minor modifications made being the increased compatibility with X-Rounders, however this compatibility is currently imperfect. Later on this compatibility is perfected in newer Vagan models. Its armor is strong enough to take a swipe from the upgraded AGE-1 Gundam AGE-1 Normal's beam saber. Even though the Zedas R was improved compared to the original Zedas, its response time could not keep up with Zeheart Galette's abilities as seen in the second battle against the AGE-1 Gundam.
- Beam Vulcan/Beam Saber
- A small beam gun built into each palm, it has a high rate of fire and is capable of destroying mobile suits. Additionally, a beam saber can be emitted from the gun's muzzle for close combat. This is a common weapon for Vagan MS, and it also serves as a hardpoint for mounting the Zedas Sword.
- Beam Cannon
- A high-powered beam cannon built into the Zedas R's torso.
- Zedas Sword
- While normally serving as the Zedas R's "tail", it can be detached and used as a sword in close combat. It boasts higher cutting power than a beam saber. When in use, it is attached to the barrel of the palm's beam vulcan, and the base of the sword is movable to some extent.
Special Equipment & Features
Note: For Zedas R's history, please go to Zeheart Galette's page.
- "Zedas R" Assembly Instruction Manual, 1/144 scale HG Gundam AGE, No.12, Bandai, (2012)
- Mobile Suit Gundam AGE Episode 18 "Graduation Ceremony Combat"
- The green "eyes" situated on the chest are referred to as sensors in the HG Zedas R coating instruction guide.
- Gundam AGE x3 radio show - March 11th 2012