Technology & Combat Characteristics
Like the xvm-zgc Zeydra, the Ghirarga is a next generation Vagan mobile suit outfitted with enhanced compatibility with X-Rounders. It is based on an experimental machine designed for commander-use and has since been modified with emphasis on mobility as Zeheart's personal unit. The Ghirarga is made especially for all-ranged combat, incorporating previous technologies from other Vagan mobile suits. In addition to some of the weaponry from the Zeydra, it also has two new weapons: the handheld Ghirarga Spear and the Ghirarga Tail. The Beam Buster has also been upgraded in regards to firepower so as to be much more powerful than previous versions of the weapon, to the point where it is able to match up with the AGE-3's Sigmaxiss Rifle and AGE-FX's Stungle Rifle. Through the use of the "Mode X" configuration, the Ghirarga's X-rounder compatibility is enhanced, utilizing the "X-Transmitter" technology to wield the Ghirarga bits, remote weaponry capable of performing all-range attacks.
- Beam Buster
- Mounted in the chest, this powerful beam cannon's destructive power exceeds that of a standard beam rifle and can destroy a few mobile suits in one shot. It was seen to be able to match the AGE-3 Gundam AGE-3 Normal's SigMaxiss Rifle and AGE-FX Gundam AGE-FX's Stungle Rifle.
- Beam Vulcan/Beam Saber
- Mounted in both hands, the beam vulcans are the standard ranged weapon for most Vagan mobile suits. These beam weapons have a high rate of fire and are moderately powerful, capable of destroying small vehicles, buildings, and even mobile suits. The beam vulcans can also generate a beam saber each for close range combat, allowing Vagan mobile suits to switch quickly from ranged combat to close range combat. The beam sabers can easily cut through most mobile suits.
- Ghirarga Bits
- The Ghirarga Bits are beam-like all-range remote weaponry controlled by X-Rounder brainwaves. These bits can quickly take down an enemy mobile suit squad. Usable only when the Ghirarga is in the "Mode X" configuration.
- Ghirarga Tail
- The Ghirarga's tail functions as a striking weapon similar to the Xvm-mzc Zeydalus. Additionally, it can be hand-wielded as a whip.
- Ghirarga Spear
- The Ghirarga Spear is the versatile hand-held weapon of the Ghirarga. It is able to generate a beam sickle from the tips of both ends and can also be separated into two components capable of generating a beam blade. Additionally, it can also function as a beam rifle for ranged combat.
Special Equipment & Features
- Mounted on the wings, elbows, and knees, the X-Transmitter is a special amplifier than enhances an X-Rounder's fighting potential. It also allows the mobile suit to use the Ghirarga Bits. The X-Transmitters are only present in the Ghirarga's "Mode X".
For more information on the Ghirarga's history, go to Zeheart Galette's page.
Notes and Trivia
- Being the successor to the xvm-zgc Zeydra as Zeheart Galette's primary mobile suit, the Ghirarga's colors and speed mirrors the mobile suits used by ace pilot Char Aznable of the Universal Century timeline, with the running gag that his mobile suits are three times faster than the original.
- The Ghirarga is the first mobile suit in animation to use remote weapons without a physical chassis.
- The blade-like bit devices that reveal themselves in X Mode resemble the GN Sword III of the GN-0000 00 Gundam and the GN Sword Kai of the GN-001REII Gundam Exia Repair II.