Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Zeydra is a new generation Vagan mobile suit that was designed with X-Rounder compatibility in mind. Its completion signified a new milestone in X-Rounder mobile suit technology. It also adapted the gravity-suitable mobility trait of the ovm-e Dorado, allowing it to move better under gravity.
Its weaponry include Beam Vulcans/Beam Sabers, Beam Buster, Zeydra Gun and Zeydra Sword. Overall, the Zeydra is a fast and agile machine that can match the AGE-2 Gundam AGE-2 Normal. Due to Zeheart Galette's X-Rounder capabilities, it can exceed its potential as a high speed commander unit. Its red color scheme is a reflection of Zeheart's personal color.
- Beam Buster
- Mounted in the chest, this powerful beam cannon's destructive power exceeds that of a standard beam rifle and can destroy a few mobile suits in one shot. It was seen to be able to match the AGE-2's Hyper DODS Rifle in terms of firepower.
- Beam Vulcan/Beam Saber
- Mounted in both hands, the beam vulcans are the standard ranged weapon for most Vagan mobile suits. These beam weapons have a high rate of fire and are moderately powerful, capable of destroying small vehicles, buildings, and even mobile suits. The beam vulcans can also generate a beam saber each for close range combat, allowing Vagan mobile suits to switch quickly from ranged combat to close range combat. The beam sabers can easily cut through most mobile suits.
- Zeydra Sword
- Normally serves as the Zeydra's "tail", it can be detached and used as a physical sword in close combat.
- Zeydra Gun
- A hand-carried beam gun wielded by the Zeydra. It has a moderate rate of fire and can generate a beam saber for close combat.
Special Equipment & Features
For more information on the Zeydra's history, go to Zeheart Galette's page
- Zeydra B
- Kir Zeydra
- The Zeydra's color scheme and also its speed mirrors the Mobile Suits of ace pilot Char Aznable of the Universal Century timeline, with a running gag that his mobile suits are three times faster than the original. The Zeydra's kick is also a reference to Char's trademark attack.
- With its articulated backpack binders and relatively slender design, the Zeydra bares some resemblance to the MSN-06S Sinanju, which was piloted by Full Frontal, who was hailed as "The Second Coming of Char." In that regard, much of the Zeydra's animation (upon its debut) resembled that of the Sinanju's in episode 2 of Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn.
- Some have speculated that the Zeydra's model designation "zgc" stands for "Zeheart Galette Custom".
- Zeydra is the first Vagan mobile suit to be seen using an handheld beam weapon.
- HG 1/144 ovm-e Dorado manual
- xvm-zgc Zeydra