Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Zeydalus is a close combat MS and is incredibly fast and agile. It is equipped with new weapons: the Shiguru Claws on its hands and a Shiguru Blade mounted on a flexible tail, making it a formidable opponent in close range battle. It possesses the Earth Federation's Shiguru Blade technology due to secret agreements between Vagan and Earth Federation companies and organizations. Its only ranged weaponry is a chest-mounted diffuse beam cannon.
- Shiguru Claw
- The Zeydalus is armed with three large blades and two smaller ones in each hand that form a claw. These claws are used to slice and pierce through enemy MS.
- Shiguru Blade
- A long blade is mounted on the Zeydalus's tail to stab enemy MS.
- Diffuse Beam Cannon
- Mounted in the torso, it fires a wide and powerful beam. Medel Zant tried to use the diffuse beam cannon to kill Froi Olfenoa, but the weapon was destroyed by Gundam AGE-2 Normal (SP Colors) before it could be fired.
Special Equipment & Features
In A.G. 142, a Zeydalus piloted by Medel Zant was deployed on Earth alongside several ovm-e Dorados to assassinate Prime Minister Froi Olfenoa, who was secretly collaborating with Vagan. It was eventually defeated by Asemu Asuno's AGE-2 Gundam AGE-2 Normal (SP Colors). It is unknown if more Zeydalus were built or deployed.
Notes and Trivia
- The Zeydalus is the first Vagan mobile suit to lack hand-mounted beam vulcans/sabers. It's also the first Vagan unit to have a flexible tail equipped with a blade for stabbing instead of having the tail double as a beam cannon or a handheld sword. Similar tail feature is seen later on the ovv-af Danazine, xvt-zgc Ghirarga, and Xamdrag, etc.
- "Mobile Suit Gundam AGE Mechanic and World" March 2, Futaba, 2013. ISBN 978-4-575-46472-6.