Technology & Combat Characteristics
The newest and strongest mobile suit developed by Vagan at that point of time, the Defurse is created to be used on Earth and is designed as a heavy assault machine. It was a radical departure from typical Vagan design motifs and possesses a massive frame that dwarfs conventional mobile suits.
The Defurse is armed with two hand-mounted beam vulcans/beam sabers, a beam cannon built into its tail, and a powerful spread beam cannon on its lower torso which has a variable output, and is able to take down multiple mobile suits in one shot. The Defurse is also able to generate an Electromagnetic Armor field for defense. Although it has maneuverability problems in space, the Defurse does not seem to have much problem moving in the space fortress Ambat.
- Beam Vulcan/Beam Saber
- Mounted in both hands, the beam vulcans are the standard ranged weapon for most Vagan mobile suits. These beam weapons have a high rate of fire and are moderately powerful, capable of destroying small vehicles, buildings, and even mobile suits. However, they were not powerful enough to damage the AGE-1 Gundam AGE-1 Normal. The beam vulcans can also generate a beam saber each for close range combat, allowing Vagan mobile suits to switch quickly from ranged combat to close range combat. The beam sabers can easily cut through most mobile suits.
- Defurse Cannon
- Mounted on the lower torso. It has a variable output that take down multiple mobile suits in one shot.
- Beam Cannon
- A beam cannon built into the tail of Defurse, it possesses the power to destroy most mobile suits in one shot.
Special Equipment & Features
Deployed at Ambat, the Defurse is a machine developed by the Vagan for their conquest to conquer the Earth Sphere. Geera Zoi took the machine on his final battle against Flit Asuno and the AGE-1 Gundam AGE-1 Normal to defend the fortress' reactor. The Defurse is destroyed by the combined efforts of Flit Asuno and Woolf Enneacle and his WMS-GEX1 G-Exes, but Geera managed to escaped just as the Defurse exploded.
Notes and Trivia
- The Defurse is strongly inspired from the MA-08 Big Zam of Mobile Suit Gundam.
- It is speculated that the Defurse's model designation "gz" stands for "Geera Zoi".
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Episode 14 "Flash of Sorrow"
- ↑ "Great Mechanics DX" 20, Futaba-Sha <MOOK Futaba-Sha>, 2012, ISBN 978-4575464641
- ↑ Episode 15 "Those Tears Fall in Space"
- ↑ "G bouncer" Model Assembly Instructions, 1/144 scale HG model Gundam AGE, No.14, Bandai, (2012)