Technology & Combat Characteristics
An upgrade of the Heavyarms to make it worthy for space combat. It has added verniers on the front skirt armor as well as added thrusters on top of the backpack and on the rear skirt armor to enhance its mobility in zero-gravity environment. Armaments are almost unchanged except for the Beam Gatling, which is upgraded to the more powerful Twin Beam Gatling.
Endless Waltz Version
Instead of the red color scheme of the TV version, the Endless Waltz version sports a dark blue-green theme. This version has no shield and knife, but sports more missiles, two more chest gatling guns, and uses a pair of double gatling guns as its main weapon. In the Glory of the Losers manga, thrusters are added to the central part of the backpack and the rear skirt armor.
- Vulcan Gun
- Mounted in the head, the pair of shell firing weapons have high rate of fire, but little power and are generally ineffective against mobile suits. However, they can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors and are ideal for shooting down lightly armored targets such as missiles, small vehicles, etc.
- Machine Cannon
- Mounted on the clavical section of the Heavyarms, the pair of machine cannons have stronger firepower than the vulcan guns.
- Chest Gatling Gun
- A pair of gatling guns mounted in the left and right chest, they are hidden by openable armor covers. They can be fired together with the machine cannons and vulcan guns to restrict enemy units from closing in. The EW version has four of these.
- Homing Missile
- Six homing missiles are stored within the shoulders, they are fired towards an enemy/enemies with a lock on. The EW version has 44 of these missiles and they are stored in the front skirts and leg missile pods.
- Micro Missile
- In the TV version, 24 micro missiles are stored in two pods on the legs. The EW version has 52 micro missiles and they are stored in the shoulders and the side skirts.
- Twin Beam Gatling
- The main armament of the TV version, it consisted of two Beam Gatlings integrated with a shield. Compared to the original Heavyarms' Beam Gatling, the Twin Beam Gatling has better rapid fire capability, attack range and destructive power. However, the added gatling increased its weight, making it more difficult to wield.
- Double Gatling Gun
- A pair of gatling guns with two sets of barrels are the main armament of the EW version. Unlike the TV version, the shield is eliminated. When not in use, they are mounted on the backpack.
- Army Knife
- Found only on the TV version, it is a Gundanium alloy knife fixed to the right arm. Despite its small size limiting its attack range, it has no problem slicing apart enemy mobile suits.
Special Equipment & Features
- Self-Destruct System
- The Gundam Heavyarms Custom was built to self-destruct should the pilot choose to. A remote detonator is placed within the cockpit and if a dire situation arrives, the pilot can destroy the Mobile Suit. The system was designed to overload its power systems and has enough explosive power to destroy several city blocks. It's a last option tactic if the pilot is incapable of protecting the Mobile Suit, while not allowing it to fall into enemy hands. It also can be used as one large explosive device to eradicate large targets.
The End of Gundam Heavyarms
When Trowa Barton left Earth with the other Gundam pilots, he left his Gundam Heavyarms on Earth, hidden away. Trowa infiltrated OZ and became one of their top soldiers, taking the Vayeate as his mobile suit. Later, during the battle with Quatre, Trowa seemingly sacrificed himself in hope of bringing Quatre back from insanity (as he was under the control of the infamous ZERO system). Trowa was presumed deceased, although Quatre wasn’t going to give up looking for him, Trowa turned up over 10 episodes later with memory loss, thus forgetting where he had hidden the Heavyarms.
Birth of Heavyarms Custom
Sally Po later finds the Heavyarms and gives it to Heero to take up to space. It was brought to the independent battleship Peacemillion where Gundam supporter Howard would upgrade the the Heavyarms for space battle (Heavyarms was the last of the five Gundams to receive this upgrade) thus Gundam Heavyarms Custom is born. Trowa regained his memory when he, under recommendation from Heero, took Wing Zero to save a colony that had been taken over by OZ. The ZERO system gave Trowa a boost to his memories, to the delight of Quatre. Trowa then used the Heavyarms Custom during the battles against White Fang whilst teamed up with the other 4 pilots and then on to the Eve War, the final battle of the series.
In A.C. 196, Trowa sends the Gundam Heavyarms Custom over to Quatre to be destroyed. When he realized that the Barton Foundation is planning to carry out the original Operation Meteor, he infiltrates the the Mariemaia Army, much like he infiltrated OZ a year earlier, and uses a Serpent unit instead (Which has similar armaments to the Heavyarms Custom, as both were built by the Barton Foundation). Trowa switches back to the Heavyarms Custom for the battle in Brussels. During the battle, the Heavyarms Custom disabled many Serpent units without killing the pilots using specialized, non-explosive rounds. However, it eventually ran out of ammo due to the large amount of enemies and the toughness of the Serpents' Neo-Titanium armor. After the battle, the Gundam Heavyarms Custom is seen with Gundam Deathscythe Hell and Gundam Sandrock Custom as the pilots self-detonated them, destroying the Gundams once and for all.
Notes and Trivia
- "Kai" is a Japanese Kanji character "改". In English it means "Modified".
- There are conflicting accounts about what the EW version's Double Gatling Guns fire. Some sources such as the manual of the HG 1/100 model kit suggested they fire beams, while others such as the "New Mobile Report Gundam Wing MS Encyclopedia" book claimed that they fire physical projectiles.
- The Heavyarms Custom (TV version) can be piloted in Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3. It features the beam saber briefly installed in the original Heavyarms as an attack.
- In the Endless Waltz movie version, the Heavyarms Custom is seen wearing a giant replica of Trowa's clown mask during the battle with the Mariemaia solders. It is also seen in games such as SRW and SD Gundam G Generation.
|Gundam W: Battlefield of Pacifists Mechanics|
XXXG-00W0 Wing Gundam Zero | XXXG-01D2 Gundam Deathscythe Hell | XXXG-01H2 Gundam Heavyarms Custom | XXXG-01S2 Altron Gundam | XXXG-01SR2 Gundam Sandrock Custom
|Organization of the Zodiac|
OZ-06MS Leo | OZ-12SMS Taurus
High-Speed Combat Command Ship | Leo Mothership
|Perfect Peace People|
OZ-04MD Virgo III | OZ-12SMS Taurus | OZ-16MSX-D Scorpio
|Gundam W: Endless Waltz Mechanics|
|G Team / Preventers|
OZ-00MS2B Tallgeese III | OZ-06MS Leo | SK-12SMS Taurus | XXXG-00W0 Wing Gundam Zero | XXXG-01D2 Gundam Deathscythe Hell | XXXG-01H2 Gundam Heavyarms Custom | XXXG-01S2 Altron Gundam | XXXG-01SR2 Gundam Sandrock Custom
Crash Shuttle | Preventer Shuttle | Transport Shuttle
MMS-01 Serpent | OZ-06MS Leo | OZ-12SMS Taurus | XXXG-01S2 Altron Gundam
Interplanetary Transport Ship