The XM-X1 Crossbone Gundam X-1 Full Cloth is a mobile suit which appears in the manga Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam: Steel 7.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
- Vulcan Gun
- These head mounted shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire, but little power and are generally ineffective against mobile suits. However, they can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors, and are ideal for shooting down small, lightly armored targets such as missiles or small vehicles.
- Mega Machine Cannon
- The Crossbone Gundam X-1 Full Cloth is equipped with a pair of fire-linked mega machine cannons in chest-mounted skull motif, and they are more powerful than the vulcan guns.
- Beam Saber
- Beam sabers are close combat weapons that emit a blade of plasma contained by an I-field that can cut through any physical armor not treated to resist it. The Crossbone Gundam X-1 Full Cloth is equipped with two beam sabers stored in shoulder racks when not in use. They also serve as the beam guns for the core fighter.
- Heat Dagger
- An alternative close combat weapon, the heat dagger is unlike most heat weapons as its blade is heated using leftover heat from the leg's thrusters. The heated blade can melt the enemies armor on contact, which when combined with the force applied to the attack, can inflict significant damage. The heat daggers are stored in the legs, one in each calf. Normally, it is handheld when in use, but it can also slide out of the sole as a surprise attack.
- Scissor Anchor
- The Crossbone Gundam X-1 Full Cloth is equipped with a scissor anchor stored on the front right skirt armor. This anchor is attached to the Gundam by long chains and uses a scissor claw to grip objects. While this is not an offensive weapon per-say, it provides several uses in combat. It can be used to grip the limb of an enemy machine to ensnare it, or to reel it in closer to the Crossbone Gundam for melee combat. It can also be used to turn ensnared mobile suits into bludgeoning weapons by pulling on the chain. The scissor anchor can also be used to stabilize the Gundam's footing in case of emergencies, such as when fighting the wind force of an explosion.
- Beam Shield/Beam Marker
- Mounted on each forearms, the beam shield can block both beam and projectile weapons. The beam shield generates a plane of energy similar to the blade of a beam saber. This plane is divided into multiple sections, which can be turned on or off as needed to conserve energy. Individual sections are also automatically deactivated whenever they're in danger of coming into contact with the mobile suit itself. Beam shield generators can be built into the arm of the mobile suit or they can be optional equipment, a unit that mounts on the mobile suit's arm and draws power directly from the fusion reactor. The beam shield generators of the Crossbone Gundams can further take advantage of beam energy malleability, forming four short beam blades at the corners of the beam shield generator that meet at the center, which gives the brand marker as a whole a pyramidal shape. The brand marker slides over the fist of the mobile suit and is used as a punching weapon. When used, the the brand marker leaves an X-shaped hole, if the target area isn't completely destroyed.
- Screw Whip
- Peacock Smasher
- This crossbow-like weapon mounts nine separate beam guns which can be fired in any arrangement, but simultaneous use drains its energy and requires the replacement of the barrel parts.
- Muramasa Blaster
- A sword-like weapon with a gun handle in the guard and with a skull and crossbones painted on the sides. The Muramasa Blaster is quite large, at least half the length of the X-1 Full Cloth's height if not longer. The Muramasa Blaster mounts a total of 15 beam emitters, one beam gun on the end (or tip of the sword) that can also emit a beam saber and 14 beam blade emitters that line the sides, making it a weapon that can be used for both long range and short range combat. Unfortunately the Muramasa Blaster is a prototype weapon and because of its power intensive nature it can only be used for a limited operational period. When not in use the weapon is stored on the left hip.
Special Equipment & Features
- Special Weapons Targeting Sensor
- Full Cloth
- The cloak-like armor is made from the remaining ABC mantle overlain on a framework of thrusters. It provide heavy defense and thrust. Parts of the armor can be moved out of the way when engage in melee combat.
- Skull Head Unit
- Two skull head units are mounted on the Crossbone Gundam X-1 Full Cloth's shoulders, each featuring a pair of I-field generators which if used effectively can grant the unit total protection from enemy beam attacks. The skull head units can also be worn over the arms, the I-fields serving to protect Full Cloth while it charges forward to attack.
- Heat Radiation Face Open
Notes and Trivia
|Crossbone Gundam: Steel 7 Mechanics|
Angel Diona | Arana Abijo | Bala Totuga | XM-07B Vigna Ghina II Jupiter Battle Specification | XM-10 Flint | XM-X1 Crossbone Gundam X-1 Full Cloth | XM-X1 Crossbone Gundam X-1 "Patchwork" | XM-X1 Crossbone Gundam X-1 Kai Kai "Skull Heart" | XM-X3 Crossbone Gundam X-3
Nozzle | Speed King
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
Amakusa | Cornix | Dictus | EMS-08 Diona | EMS-12 Arana | EMS-VSX1 Mass Production Quavarze | EMS-VSX1 Quavarze | EMS-VSX2 Abijo | EMS-VSX3 Totuga | Impulse Cornix
Elcopty | EMA-10 Divinidad
|Earth Federation Forces/SNRI|
F90I-I Gundam F90 Intercept Type Jupiter Battle Specification | F91 Gundam F91 | F99 Record Breaker | RGM-109 Heavygun | RGM-119 Jamesgun | RGM-122 Javelin | XM-10 Flint
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.