Technology & Combat Characteristics
An improved variant of the XM-05 Berga Giros fitted with additional weaponry and thrusters, it is equipped with large missile pods mounted on both legs and anti-satellite missile pods mounted on the rear booster pack. The Berga Giros Heavy Armament Type is characterized by a powerful rear thruster unit and increased mobility.
- Anti-Satellite Missile
- An unique weapon to the Berga Giros Heavy Armament Type, the anti-satellite missile is designed to attack space satellites.
- 3-tube Anti-Ship Missile Pod
- There are two anti-ship missile pods mounted on the legs of the Berga Giros Heavy Armanment Type, each of them mount three missiles. A direct hit from one of the missle will destroy most MS and deals significant damages to others, and as its name suggest, it is used to strike down spaceship.
- Beam Shield
- A protective device that uses beam technology for defensive purposes that is mounted on the Berga Giros' left forearm. Unlike an I-field generator, which is effective only against beam attacks, the beam shield blocks both beam and projectile weapons. It generates a plane of energy similar to the blade of a beam saber. This plane is divided into multiple sections, which can be turned on or off as needed to conserve energy. Individual sections are also automatically deactivated whenever they're in danger of coming into contact with the mobile suit itself.
- Beam Saber
- The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by a rechargeable energy capacitor. The beam saber is capable of cutting through any metal that has not been treated with anti-beam coating.
- Shot Lancer
- A distinctive close combat weapon developed by the Crossbone Vanguard, the shot lancer is designed for combat in and around space colonies, where beam weapons would run the risk of triggering catastrophic reactor explosions in enemy mobile suits. Instead, the shot lancer uses electromagnetic acceleration to drive its tip through the enemy's armor, and the spearhead itself can also be launched like a missile. The Berga Giros' shot lancer can mount on the right arm, leaving the hand free to operate another weapon.
- Heavy Machine Gun
- To increase the shot lancer's combat effectiveness, the weapon mounts four heavy machine guns.
The Crossbone Vanguard's original plan in U.C. 0123 was meant to overwhelm the Earth Federation Forces' obsolete mobile weapons in space and had this plan succeeded, the fast and powerful Berga Giros Heavy Armament Type would be deployed to subjugate the surviving EFF resistance that would follow after.
F71 G-Cannon Powered Weapon Type | F71 G-Cannon VSBR Type
|Gundam F91's variations|
F91 Gundam F91 Twin VSBR Type | HWF91 Gundam F91 Heavy Weapons Type
|RGM-109 Heavygun's variation|
RGM-109 Heavygun Full Equipment Type
|RGM-111 Hardygun's variations|
RGM-111G Hardygun Close Combat Type | RGM-111R Hardygun Reconnaissance Type
|Guntank R-44's variation|
RXR-44 Guntank R-44 Powered Weapons Type
| XM-05 Berga Giros' variation|
XM-05 Berga Giros Heavy Armament Type
|XM-06 Dahgi Iris' variation|
XM-06 Dahgi Iris Custom
| XM-07 Vigna Ghina's variations|
XM-07B Vigna Ghina II | XM-07S Vigna Ghina Berah Ronah Special