Was There Ever Such Thing as a GNR-001 GN Arms?
I mean, was there? Because I do not recall it being mentioned. This page just appears to be the common characteristics between the GN Arms Type E and D and while there are alot its certainly does not justify creating our own fictional unit. Other than that the only known units to exist was both of them. Its not even on this developmental chart of the PG 00 Raiser manual  where you can see that they're interelated but clearly seperate units. Not to mention, the article mostly redundant anyways since the two respective articles already elaborates their own speciality as well a lot of the "shared" GN Arms characteristics. So I really suggest we just delete this page because the unit is not even suppose to exist, even the main pic of the article is technically the GN Arms Type-E. -SuperSonicSP 22:21, April 12, 2011 (UTC)
Agreed, unless there is a basic GN Arms unit that hasn't been revealed yet, we should delete this page.Gaeaman 788 - The sign of Zeta leads to a dead end 02:19, April 13, 2011 (UTC)
In G Genertation Wars, there are three version of GN Arms. The basic, GN Arms D and GN Arms E with later two can combine with Dynames and Exia to become GN Armor D and GN Armor E. So yes, it's officially exist (and got include in Japanese Wikipedia). I say, merging GN Arms D and GN Arms E to this make much more sense since they're just GN Arms with additional weapon for dock with Exia and Dynames. Kuruni 02:35, April 13, 2011 (UTC)
Two problems with your argument Kuruni. First is that video games aren't really canon, but there are exceptions, such as the Sega Saturn games with the side stories and Zeonic Front. SD G Gen. isn't really canon in terms of suits. And in Wars, there are the two base GN Arms Types D and E separately (I watch FlamingGnats and I didn't see a basic GN Arms), then there are the two GN Armors docked Dynames and Exia respectively. So, there really isn't a base GN Arms that has its own weaponry that doesn't compliment either Exia or dynames. We also already tried keeping the two GN Arms articles merged together, but they were different in armaments and thus separate pages were created for them. And we haven't gotten any more info on the GN Arms units. Therefore, I say that the GN Arms page should be deleted unless there is evidence to contradict otherwiseGaeaman 788 - The sign of Zeta leads to a dead end 04:18, April 13, 2011 (UTC)
I still think that keep this as basic page and treat E and D as optional configuration make more sense (that's how Raigou Gundam's article currently is, anyway). But whatever. Kuruni 04:41, April 13, 2011 (UTC)
We would, it's just that there's no basic GN Arms configuration. The pictue that's up now is of the Type E, which is for Exia.Gaeaman 788 - The sign of Zeta leads to a dead end 05:00, April 13, 2011 (UTC)
- If we eventually decide to keep the three pages separate (which seems to be the way to go to me at the moment, less we stick with a main article name of a video game unit, but we should discuss this further), we perhaps could just reduce the scope of the page a bit. Sort of try and fit it in within the scope of the game if possible while possibly removing the GN Arms Type E/D pictures and references. Of course, with the actual unit existing somewhere even in a non canon source should justify the page at the very least existing although I do think the scope needs to be changed a bit if we go with that decision. In any case, this block we find ourselves us is a weird one.
- In the mean time, we should put a disclaimer about its appearance in the game. Which G Generation Wars did it appear again? -SuperSonicSP 07:02, April 13, 2011 (UTC)
- My issue is that there's no singular GN Arms unit. There's only the Type D and Type E. And GN Arms was in Wars, but I don't recall seeing any version of the GN Arms w/o the type D or Type E equipment. Therefore, I would have to say that there is no GNR-001 GN Arms configuration that has been shown.Gaeaman 788 - The sign of Zeta leads to a dead end 07:30, April 13, 2011 (UTC)
- Just recheck it, and turn out that it's my mismemory, sorry. So there's no "default" version of GN Arms. Kuruni 11:14, April 13, 2011 (UTC)
- Okay, in that case I think we should delete the page then, since the unit does not exist. -SuperSonicSP 17:35, April 13, 2011 (UTC)