Technology & Combat Characteristics
Designed prior to the First Alliance-PLANT War, the Moebius Zero was a space combat-use mobile armor developed by the Earth Alliance. In addition to a linear gun, the Moebius Zero is armed with four wired gunbarrels that served as the mobile armor's main weapons. Each wired gunbarrel is armed with two autocannons and can detach from the Moebius Zero to perform all-range attacks. When attached to the main body, these gunbarrels also served as additional thrusters, increasing the speed and maneuverability of the mobile armor. However, the gunbarrels required high spatial awareness to use effectively, an ability few pilots had. As a result, only a small number of Moebius Zero was produced, and it later became the prototype for the mass produced TS-MA2 Moebius. Despite this, the Moebius Zero was the only machine the Earth Alliance had during the early stages of the war that could stand toe-to-toe with ZAFT's mobile suits, such as the ZGMF-1017 GINN.
- Linear Gun
- Mounted underneath the Moebius Zero's main body, this is the same linear gun as used by the TS-MA2 Moebius. Although weaker than beam weaponry, it is powerful enough to destroy an enemy mobile suit or blast through a warship's hull armor.
- Wired Gunbarrel
- The Moebius Zero is equipped with four wired gunbarrels, each equipped with two autocannons. They are usually mounted on the mobile armor's main body, but can be detached and controlled through wires to attack an enemy from multiple directions, or for attacking multiple enemy units at once. Although the wired gunbarrels' autocannons can only deal relatively light damage to a mobile suit, they still allow the Moebius Zero to hold the enemy machine in place and finish it with the more powerful linear gun. Also, the gunbarrels can function as additional boosters when attached to the mobile armor, granting it higher speed and mobility than the Moebius. The only drawback of the gunbarrels is that only pilots with high spatial awareness can use them.
The small number of Moebius Zero units produced and their pilots were assembled into an elite mobile armor unit and assigned to the Alliance's 3rd Space Fleet. During the First Alliance-PLANT War, this elite unit participated in the Battle of Endymion Crater on June 2, C.E.70 and one of its members, Lieutenant Mu La Flaga, earned the nickname "Hawk of Endymion" for destroying five ZGMF-1017 GINNs. This battle was also where Mu first fought against Rau Le Creuset, who piloted a ZGMF-1017M GINN High Maneuver Type then. However, the battle ended with the entire 3rd Fleet destroyed, with Mu being the only survivor of the elite mobile armor unit.
On January 25, C.E. 71, Mu used his Moebius Zero during the Battle of Heliopolis, where he once again battled his rival Rau Le Creuset, who was now piloting a ZGMF-515 CGUE. Just before Mu's Moebius Zero could be destroyed, Rau's CGUE was damaged by the GAT-X105+AQM/E-X03 Launcher Strike and forced to retreat. Mu then joined the crew of the Archangel, and his Moebius Zero was repaired by the ship's mechanics. Afterwards, Mu used his mobile armor to heavily damage Rau's ship, the Nazca-class destroyer Vesalius, in a sneak attack during the Skirmish near Artemis.
Mu continued to use his Moebius Zero alongside Kira Yamato's GAT-X105 Strike Gundam to protect the Archangel during its journey to Earth. During this period, Mu often fought with GAT-X103 Buster Gundam pilot, Dearka Elsman. Mu used the Moebius Zero a final time during the Battle of Orbit to defend the Archangel as it descended to Earth. After the Archangel descended, the Moebius Zero, incapable of operating within Earth's atmosphere, remained in the Archangel's hangar, while Mu switched to the FX-550 Skygrasper.
At some point during the war, the Moebius Zero served as the basis for the development of two new mobile armors: the AQM/E-X04 Gunbarrel Striker, which could double as a striker pack for the Strike Gundam and the GAT-01A1 Dagger, and the TSX-MA717/ZD Pergrande, a large machine equipped with wireless remote weaponry and jointly operated by three pilots. After the end of the war, the Alliance developed another new mobile armor based on both the Moebius Zero and the Gunbarrel Striker, the TS-MA4F Exus.
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
Gundam Build Divers
Illustrations & Artwork
Notes & Trivia
- In the Comic BOM BOM version of the Gundam SEED manga adaption, Mu uses his Moebius Zero once again in the last battle against Rau Le Creuset's ZGMF-X13A Providence Gundam after his Strike Gundam is heavily damaged. Although none of the mobile armor's weapons work against Providence's Phase Shift armor, Mu manages to use the gunbarrel's guidance wires to entangle the Providence and prevent it from deploying the DRAGOON units. This provides Kira Yamato a chance to destroy the Providence with the Freedom Gundam, although Mu perished in this heroic sacrifice as well.
- Television Series
- Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
- Episode 1 (HD Remastered Episode 1), False Peace - (First Appearance)
- Episode 2 (HD Remastered Episode 2), Its Name: Gundam
- Episode 3 (HD Remastered Episode 3), Collapsing Land
- Episode 4 (HD Remastered Episode 4), Silent Run
- Episode 5 (HD Remastered Episode 5), Phase Shift Down
- Episode 6 (HD Remastered Episode 6), The Vanishing Gundam
- Episode 9 (HD Remastered Episode 9), The Fading Light
- Episode 10 (HD Remastered Episode 10), Crossroads
- Episode 11 (HD Remastered Episode 11), The Awakening Sword
- Episode 12 (HD Remastered Episode 12), Flay's Decision
- Episode 13 (HD Remastered Episode 13), Stars Falling in Space
- Mobile Suit Gundam SEED: Never Ending Tomorrow
- Mobile Suit Gundam SEED PHASE-03, Collapsing Land
- Mobile Suit Gundam SEED PHASE-05, Phase Shift Down
- Mobile Suit Gundam SEED PHASE-10, Crossroads
- Mobile Suit Gundam SEED PHASE-11, The Awakening Sword
- Mobile Suit Gundam SEED PHASE-13, Stars Falling in Space
- Mobile Suit Gundam SEED PHASE-15, The Respective Solitudes
- Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny PHASE-02, Those Who Call For War
- Gundam Build Divers Episode 23, The Fateful Two