Technology & Combat Characteristics
The GM-79C GM Cannes was one of the primary training MS employed by the École Du Ciel academy along with the TGM-79C GM Canard to help new pilots adapt to the GM series of mobile suits. It features an expanded cockpit fitted with two seats to allow for student and instructor. The Cannes incorporates a wireless remote-control system, termed "Synchro Mode", that allows the instructor/pilot to take control of nearby GM Canards during an emergency. It is usually equipped with a single beam saber and a rifle that uses paintball markers.
- Beam Saber
- The GM Cannes has a beam saber stored in the left side of the backpack. It is a small device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by a rechargeable energy capacitor. It emits a blade of plasma contained by an I-Field and can cut through most armor not treated with anti-beam coating.
- A weapon with non-lethal ammo used for mock battles.
- BOWA·BR-S-85-C2 Beam Rifle
- The standard ranged armament of many mobile suits is the beam rifle. The particle beam fired from a beam rifle can penetrate almost any armor not treated with specific counter-measures. The beam rifle has a power rating of 1.9 MW and is powered by a rechargeable energy cap.
- FADEGEL RGM-M-Sh-007 Shield
- An improved model of the RGM-M-Sh-003. It has the exact same size as its predecessor, but its material was changed to Titanium-Ceramic composite. Its mount latch was made movable, allowing the shield to be positioned up or down when carried by a Mobile Suit manipulator or mounted on the forearm, increasing its usability.