Technology & Combat Characteristics
Developed based on worker machines and designed for long-range ground attack, the ZuOOT is heavily armed with shell firing weapons, which consisted of two shoulder mounted 2-barrel cannons, four chest mounted vulcan guns, a 2-barrel secondary cannon mounted on the left arm, and a heavy assault machine gun can be carried in its hand. Like the ZGMF-1017 GINN, the ZuOOT's head-mounted fin contains a sensor array.
The ZuOOT can transform into a tank mode, where it moves on caterpillar treads, granting it greater stability while firing and the ability to speed across the land. Due to the suit's poor mobility and close combat capability, it is mainly used as a movable turret to provide fire support for frontline MS, like the GINN and the TMF/A-802 BuCUE. It is also positioned on the decks of land battleships to serve as extra gun turrets. When used this way, it is often in its MS mode.
- 2-barrel Cannon
- The most powerful weapon of the ZuOOT, two such 2-barrel cannons are mounted on the shoulders, and they serve as the suit's main weapon during long range bombardment.
- Vulcan Gun
- The ZuOOT has 4 chest-mounted vulcan guns. These light projectile weapons are used to shoot down incoming missiles and enemy units at close range.
- 2-barrel Secondary Cannon
- Mounted on the left arm, this secondary cannon is for intercepting fighter jets and anti-MS combat.
- Heavy Assault Machine Gun
- A handheld weapon, it is weaker than the secondary cannon and like the vulcan guns is used to shoot down incoming missiles and enemy units at close range.
Special Equipment & Features
- Smoke Dischargers
- Four smoke dischargers are mounted on the head, two on each side. The smoke dischargers are mainly used to obstruct the enemy's view during combat.
The ZuOOT was one of the earliest MS deployed by ZAFT during the invasion of Earth. At El Alamein on May 30 of CE 70, a ZuOOT was piloted by Andrew Waltfeld's lieutenant Martin DaCosta in the Suez battle against a massive Earth Alliance tank corps. As the war against the Earth Alliance went on, several ZuOOT's fell into the hands of civilians. After the end of the First Alliance-PLANT War, an upgraded version of the ZuOOT was created, called the TFA-4DE GAZuOOT.
Notes & Trivia