Technology & Combat Characteristics
Designed for long-range ground attack, the ZuOOT is heavily armed with shell firing weapons, which consisted of two shoulder mounted 2-barrel cannons, four chest mounted vulcan guns, a 2-barrel secondary cannon mounted on the left arm, and if necessary, a heavy assault machine gun can be carried in its hand. Like the ZGMF-1017 GINN, the ZuOOT's head-mounted fin contains a sensor array. The ZuOOT is able to transform into a tank mode, allowing it to move on caterpillar treads, granting it greater stability while firing and the ability to speed across the land. Due to the suit's poor mobility and close combat capability, it is mainly used as a movable gun turret to provide fire support for frontline MS, like the GINN and the TMF/A-802 BuCUE. The suit is also sometimes positioned on the outer decks of land battleships to serve as extra gun turrets. When used this way, the ZuOOT is often in its MS mode, which is more effective.
- 2-barrel Cannon
- The most powerful weapon of the ZuOOT, two such 2-barrel cannons are mounted on the shoulders, and they serve as the suit's main weapon during long range bombardment.
- Vulcan Gun
- The ZuOOT is equipped with 4 chest-mounted vulcan guns. These light projectile weapons are used to shoot down incoming missiles and enemy units at close range.
- 2-barrel Secondary Cannon
- Mounted on the left arm, this secondary cannon is for intercepting fighter jets and anti-MS combat.
- Heavy Assault Machine Gun
- A handheld weapon, it is weaker than secondary cannon and like the vulcan guns are used to shoot down incoming missiles and enemy units at close range.
Special Equipment & Features
- Smoke Dischargers
- Four smoke dischargers are mounted on the head, two on each side. The smoke dischargers are mainly used to obstruct the enemy's view during combat.
The TFA-2 ZuOOT is one of the earliest MS deployed by ZAFT during the invasion of Earth. It is developed based on worker machines and is designed for artillery attacks. At El Alamein on May 30 of CE 70, a ZuOOT was piloted by Andrew Waltfeld's lieutenant Martin DaCosta in the Suez battle against a massive Earth Alliance tank corps. Also, several ZuOOT's fell into the hands of civilians. After the end of the First Alliance-PLANT War, an upgraded version of the ZuOOT was created, called the TFA-4DE GAZuOOT, which is equipped with more advanced weaponry.
Notes & Trivia
- The ZuOOT is similar in appearance and transformation style to the F-50D (RXR-44) Guntank R-44 from Mobile Suit Gundam F91.