Shin Musha Gundam is a mobile suit which featured in Sony PlayStation's Gundam Musou video game.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Based on Musha Gundam, the Shin Musha Gundam differs from the original due to its elaborated armor design. Like the Musha Gundam, The Shin Musha is armed with powerful weapons including the Sankoumaru Jumonji Yari, a powerful spear that could pierce through tough mobile armor. Its default weapon includes the Nichirinmaru Katana and a Denkoumaru Naginata. In addition, the Shin Musha Gundam is also equipped with the Tanegashima gun for long ranged combat.
NOTE: These Armaments were hinted and appeared in Dynasty Warriors Gundam only.
- The Tanegashima gun is a special hand carried Ōzutsu Gun that can fire beam shots to the enemy. This is the Musha Gundam's counterpart to the RX-78-2 Gundam's Beam Rifle.
- Nichirinmaru Katana
- It's default sword weapon, stored in the sheath, the Nichirinmaru is used to cut down enemies in one swing. Unlike beam sabers, it doesn't need high amount of energy to use it.
- Denkoumaru Naginata
- A Naginata pole weapon, stored on it's back, these are long spears that were wielded in two hands.
- Sankoumaru Jumonji Yari
- A spear weapon, it has a Jumonji Yari style of a head.
Special Equipment & Features
- Magnetic Coating
- Mars Drive
- A special device that increases the suit's overall performance if it is being operated by a male pilot.
The Shin Musha Gundam first appeared as a hidden unit in Sony PlayStation 2's Dynasty Warriors Gundam (Gundam Musou) video game, Its popularity ensured its appearance in the subsequent Gundam Musou series, Gunpla and action figures, as well as recent appearance in Gundam Build Fighters Try TV series.