The Scud Gundam is a mobile fighter that made a brief appearance in the anime Mobile Fighter G Gundam.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Neo Iraq's entry for the 13th Gundam Fight, the Scud Gundam is an artillery type mobile fighter which focuses on long ranged combat. It normally fights in long distances, using two of its beam cannons on its shoulders and a huge amount of missiles equipped all over its body.
- Vulcan Gun
- A pair of shell-firing armament built into the head. Low offensive power, only used to restrict enemy movement, and lay down a wall of suppressive fire due to their rapid fire capability.
- Beam Cannon
- A beam cannon mounted on both shoulders. When engaging in hand-to-hand combat, these armaments can be detached, so as to not hinder the Scud Gundam's arm movements.
- Missile Launcher
- Missiles built into every part of the body and external missile launchers.
The Scud Gundam makes a brief appearance in the second episode, being destroyed in only one blow from the GF13-006NA Gundam Maxter during the introduction.
In the manga "Super-Class! Mobile Fighter G Gundam", this battle is lengthened and expanded the confrontation between the Scud Gundam and the Gundam Maxter. It demonstrated that, despite the machine's incredible ordinance, it was of no match against the Maxter, who easily closed in and punched the Gundam's head off, emerging mostly unscathed.
Later, during the final battle against the Devil Colony after the end of the Gundam Fight, this machine can be seen participating in the "Gundam Union" that stood to save the Earth.
Notes & Trivia
- The name is derived from the Scud missiles, which the Soviet Union prominently provided to it's ally Iraq and were used in the Iran-Iraq War and the Gulf War.
- Scud Gundam losing badly to Gundam Maxter referenced the Gulf War which occurred two years before G-Gundam aired.