Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Over Flag Astro Package Type uses the normal Over Flag, but equips it with a booster for mobility in space.
- 200mm New Type Linear Rifle
- The Over Flag Space Type carries the same linear rifle as the normal Over Flag, which is also known by the codename "Trident Striker". It has three barrels instead of one. Shots from the center, main barrel requires charging before firing, thus it cannot be rapid fired. To compensate, the two smaller caliber barrels on either side of the main barrel are capable of rapid firing. In combat, the smaller caliber barrels are primarily for restricting enemy movements, while the main barrel fire stronger shots. The clear part on the top of the rifle has cooling and demagnetizing properties.
- 20mm Machine Gun
- The 20mm machine gun is located on the left side of the abdomen. This physical projectile weapon lacks firepower, but can be rapid-fired and has high utility value. It is used for intercepting missiles, anti-vehicles, anti-personal and other cases where heavy firepower is unnecessary. In mobile suit combat, it is mostly for restricting enemy movements.
- Defense Rod
- Mounted on the forearm, it is a standard defensive feature of Union mobile suits. The defense rod uses rotary motions to deflect/ricochet incoming enemy attacks, and can generate a plasma field.
- Sonic Blade (Plasma Sword)
- Presumably the same knife-like melee weapon as used by the regular Over Flag, it has a blade made of super-hard carbon that flips out of the handle during use. The blade can vibrate at a high frequency for high cutting capabilities. Additionally, by focusing plasma into an elongated blade shape around the physical blade, the weapon can be utilized as a plasma sword. The plasma sword's length varies according to its output, and it can last for 3 minutes at full power. Stored in the forearms when not in use.
- Linear Cannon
- A pair of sub-linear cannons are mounted on each side of the hips.
In AD 2314, the Over Flag Astro Package Type was one of many mobile suits deployed in the ESF Army's final defense line during the confrontation against ELS.