- mobile suit that is featured in the Anaheim Labortory Log novel series. The RX-80PR-4 Pale Rider DII is a prototype
Technology & Combat Characteristics
A derivative of the RX-80PR-3 Pale Rider Dullahan, the RX-80PR-4 Pale Rider DII includes many modern features that are not found on its predecessor such as improved sensor suite and 360-degree Panoramic Monitor.
Weapon-wise, the Pale Rider DII carries the same armaments as the RX-80PR-2 Pale Rider Cavalry, which includes a pair of vulcan guns, a pair of beam sabers, a shield, a beam rifle, and the Composite Weapon "Shekinah".
- Vulcan Gun
- A standard armament of the mobile suits that are descended from the Earth Federation Forces's RX series. These head mounted shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire, but little power and are generally ineffective against mobile suits. However, they can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors, and are ideal for shooting down small, lightly armored targets such as missiles, attack vehicles, etc.
- Beam Saber
- The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by a rechargeable energy capacitor. The beam saber is capable of cutting through any metal that has not been treated with anti-beam coating. The Pale Rider has two beam sabers stored on the hips. One can be used as a reserve weapon, or both can be used simultaneously in a twin sword fashion.
- XBR-M-79H-2 Hyper Beam Rifle
- The same beam rifle as used by Gundam Unit 4 "G04" and Unit 5 "G05". Powered by an E-Cap, it is an enhanced version of the beam rifle carried by the RX-78-2, with improved output as well as accuracy.
- Composite Weapon "Shekinah"
- The Composite Weapon "Shekinah" combines three different weapons into one piece of equipment: a giant gatling gun, a mega beam launcher, and a mega beam launcher. Thanks to this versatility that the Pale Rider DII can handle various combat situation, from close-range engagements that commands high mobility to long-range shelling.
- Giant Gatling Gun
- Mega Beam Launcher
- Micro Missile Launcher
- NFHI RGM-M-Sh-AGD Shield
- The shield is a simple defense used to block most incoming ballistic and explosive projectiles. It is also treated with an anti-beam coating to defend against beam weapons, however the coating gets gradually burned away each time a beam strikes it until it is rendered useless. This shield is the same shield as used by the RGM-79G GM Command and RGM-79GS GM Command Space Type.
Special Equipment & Features
- 360-degree Panoramic Monitor
- A new type of cockpit display, typically used in conjunction with a linear floating seat. The multiple panels of the panoramic monitor make up a single 360-degree display, which covers the entire inner surface of the spherical cockpit. The image displayed on the monitor is a computer simulation constructed from the cameras distributed around the mobile suit's exterior. The viewpoint is that of the mobile suit's head, and the image is carefully edited to remove the mobile suit itself.
After its inceptions following Operation Stardust, the Titans deployed many high-performance mobile suits of their own designs such as the RGM-79Q GM Quel. The Pale Rider DII was one of those mobile suits, being an upgrade over the Pale Rider Cavalry.
A Pale Rider DII was attached to the Titans' 7th team stationed onboard the Alexandria-class heavy-cruiser Al Giza alongside two GM Quel and a RGM-79SP GM Sniper II. The Titans detected three mobile suits moving from Axis toward Granada. The 7th team was deployed to intercept the suspicious mobile suits.
The 7th team ultimately failed in their mission, the Pale Rider being disabled by a MS-17 Galbaldy α who cut its arms off. One of the mobile suits that the 7th team was to intercept, a MS-09SS Dowas Custom piloted by Char Aznable, was successfully delivered to Granada. Said Dowas Custom's armor would contribute to the development of the RMS-099 Rick Dias
|Anaheim Laboratory Log Mechanics|
MSA-005X-1 Methuss X-1 | MSA-005X-2 Methuss X-2 | MSA-005X-3 Methuss X-3 | MSF-007 Gundam Mk-III | RGM-79C GM Type C | RGM-79N GM Custom | RMS-179 GM II
|Aircraft / Spacecraft|
FXA-08R-X1 Proto Mega Rider
RGM-79SP GM Sniper II | RX-80PR-4 Pale Rider DII
MS-09RSS Dowas Custom | MS-14J ReGelgu | MS-17 Galbaldy α | MS-17R Galbaldy α High Mobility Type | MS-21D1 Dra-C Custom