Technology & Combat Characteristics
A variant of RX-78 series, the Gundam Pixy was a high performance close-combat ground force mobile suit created by the Earth Federation Forces for use by their ace pilots during Operation Odessa. The Gundam Pixy was significantly lighter than its RX-78 brethren, due to the lack of the core block system, and as a consequence is faster and more agile. It also possessed enhanced apogee motors which allowed it to achieve burst thrust exceeding that of the RX-78-2. However, it is relatively lightly armed, with head vulcan guns, a conventional shell-firing submachine gun and a pair of small beam daggers.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- These head mounted shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire, but little power and are generally ineffective against mobile suits. However, they can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors, and are ideal for shooting down small, lightly armored targets such as missiles, small vehicles, etc.
- Beam Dagger
- As this unit was designed with an emphasis on melee combat, it is equipped with proprietary beam dagger as its primary close combat weapons. The beam daggers can be used as throwing weapons, and are stored on the side skirt armor when not in use.
- 90mm Submachine Gun
- A mobile suit-use submachine gun. It does not require energy to be used, however it is ineffective against heavy armor. When the magazine is empty, it can be discarded and replaced with a new one carried on the side of each forearm. When required, the Pixy can use another 90mm Submachine Gun for increased firepower.
- HWF GMG·MG79-90mm Bullpup Machine Gun
- The same weapon as used by the RGM-79G GM Command, it is an open-bolt, gas-operated, magazine-fed, handheld bullpup machine gun. Its 90mm ammunitions are compatible with the machine guns used by the military vehicles at the time.
- Beam Stealth Coat
- A special coating with unknown capabilities.
Three Gundam Pixy units were known to have been constructed, with Unit 1 being sent to Belfast, Unit 3 assigned to Africa, and Unit 2 being stored at the Albatross Base in the Gobi Desert in preparation to be transferred to the Pegasus-class assault carrier White Base for use at Odessa. When Principality of Zeon forces in the area commenced Operation Desert Dragon and attacked Albatross Base the Gundam Pixy was commandeered by Captain Bork Cry of the Albatross transportation team to fight off the legions of Zeon mobile suits. The ultimate fate of the Gundam Pixy is uncertain. The unit may have been destroyed on the night of October 19, U.C. 0079, engaged in a fierce battle against Captain Henry Boone, leader of Zeon's Wolf Gar Team, piloting his MS-08TX Efreet, and the rest of the Wolf Gar Team, which had successfully infiltrated Albatros Base. Major Nacht Gaddish, commander of the Albatros Base, fled in a Medea, abandoning Bork and the Gundam Pixy. In the end only one thing is certain: the Gundam Pixy never arrived on the White Base as planned.
Later Doris Brand from Slave Wraith somehow obtained a Gundam Pixy through unknown illegal means and it was given to Fred Reber. It's first mission was to assist Bhatan on an assault on Dober Sea. Here Ripper encounters a reunion of Pixy's nemesis that once it fought before - MS-08TX Efreet, whose pilot is the instructor of Zeon Corps Marchosias. However before the duel is settled, Slave Wraith's Medea assault bombed the Zeon Base and the whole group retreated.
|Mobile Suit Gundam Side Stories Series Original Mechanics|
RGM-79BD-0 Blue Destiny Unit 0 | RGM-79DO GM Dominance | RGM-79DO［AQ］ GM Dominance (Underwater Equipment) | RGM-79FD Armored GM | RX-78XX Gundam Pixy | RX-79［G］ SW Slave Wraith | RX-79［G］WR Full Armor Slave Wraith | RX-79BD-1 Blue Destiny Unit 1 | RX-79BD-2 Blue Destiny Unit 2 | RX-79BD-3 Blue Destiny Unit 3 | RX-80PR Pale Rider | RX-80PR-2 Pale Rider Cavalry | RX-80PR-3 Pale Rider Dullahan
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
SCV-73 Blanc Rival | SCVA-72 Thoroughbred
|Principality of Zeon|
| Mobile Suit|
MS-05S Zaku I Commander Type | MS-05B Zaku I Land Warfare Type | MS-08TX Efreet | MS-08TX(EXAM) Efreet Custom | MS-09F Dom Funf | MS-14G Gelgoog Ground Type | RX-79BD-2 Blue Destiny Unit 2 | RX-80PR Pale Rider | YMS-06Z Psycommu Early Test Type Zaku
| Mobile Armour|
| Mobile Suit|