The RX-78GP02R Gundam GP-Rase-Two (ガンダムＧＰ-
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Ogre's custom-built new Gunpla, based on the Gundam GP02A. Its sturdy construction further extends the characteristics of the base kit and the solar reactors implemented as power source enhanced its output, giving the Gunpla powers matching its demonic motif. With the incorporation of the solar reactors, it can also employ a special Trans-Am System unique to this machine, the "Ogre Trans-Am".
- GN Eyes Blaster
- GN Eyes Blasters are beam guns built into the sides' Flexible Ogre Binders for wide-range attacks. Four per binder, they are covered by hatches when not in use. When in use, the hatches flip open and the GN Eyes Blasters extend out slightly for firing.
- Beam Gun
- The yellow part on each knee armor is a beam gun.
- Ogre Claw
- Mounted on the tip of each Flexible Ogre Binder, the pair of Ogre Claws are striking weapons that can also be used as wired, remote-controlled weapons. They can also be used to restrain enemies and each claw can generate a beam blade from an emitter located in the center.
- Beam Spike
- Like Ogre's previous Gunpla, the Ogre GN-X, the Gundam GP-Rase-Two can emit beam spikes from the end of its forearms.
- Rase-Two Kanasaibou
- A handheld armament with a motif of an ogre's club, this striking weapon can block and deflect beam attacks. Additionally, it can also fire beams from the opening at the top and a hidden grip can unfold for Beam Bazooka Mode.
- GN Ogre Sword Ni Shiki
- An updated version of the weapons used by Ogre's previous Gunpla, the Ogre GN-X. They are a pair of large swords that can be used as shields by imbuing them with GN Fields. Additionally, a massive twin sword, the GN Ogre Twin Sword Ni Shiki, can be formed by connecting the two swords together. When not in use, the two swords are stored behind the shoulders.
Special Equipment & Features
- Flexible Ogre Binder
- The pair of Flexible Ogre Binders on the sides are multi-purpose equipment that specializes in offensive abilities. They are modified version of the base kit's Flexible Thruster Binders and have a wide variety of functions, such as improving the Gunpla's mobility by serving as movable limbs of the AMBAC system and have offensive functions in the form of the GN Eyes Blasters for range attacks and the Ogre Claws for close combat.
- Ogre Trans-Am
- A Trans-Am System unique to this Gunpla, it is also known as "Oni Trans-Am". When used, the visor normally on the forehead is lowered to cover the twin eyes and a special lock-on mode known as "Oninome Mode" is activated. In this mode, the sensors focus on and analyze a single enemy. Its menacing gaze cannot be broken until its prey is devoured.
- Unnamed Finish Move
- A finish move used by Ogre during his battle against Riku's GN-0000DVR/S Gundam 00 Sky. From a pool of lava, the GP-Rase-Two draws out a staff that emits flames from both ends that it uses for close combat. The move's power is on par with the Gundam 00 Sky's finish move, Hyper Sky Zamber. The move's name is not yet revealed.
History of the Gundam GP-Rase-Two can all be found on Ogre's page
Notes & Trivia
- When the Gundam GP-Rase-Two was temporarily downed during the battle against the AGE-IIMG-SV Gundam AGEII Magnum SV ver., its GN Ogre Claw was still flailing around in the air. This may be a homage to the ASW-G-08 Gundam Barbatos Lupus Rex which did the same with its Tail Blade when it was heavily damaged during its final battle.
- The Kanji for "Rase-Two" (羅刹 Rasetsu?) in the Gunpla's name refers to the Japanese translation for Rakshasa, a deity in Hindu and Buddhist mythology while keeping its naming theme with its base model, GP-02.