The RX-78F00 Gundam (RX-78F00 ガンダム Āru Ekkusu Nanahachi Effu Zero Zero Gandamu?) is a moving statue that currently stands attached to the Gundam Dock (G-Dock) at the Gundam Factory Yokohama. Its construction was the subject of the documentary It Moves? Gundam, Follow Your Dreams! .
The project, titled "Gundam Global Challenge", opened in 2014, with the aim of creating a 18m tall moving RX-78-2 Gundam from Mobile Suit Gundam for Gundam's 40th anniversary celebration in 2019 .
The attraction officially opened on December 19, 2020.
- Unlike the original RX-78-2 Gundam, All of the merchandises of the RX-78F00 are exclusively released for the Gundam Factory Yokohama.
- The RX-78F00 currently hold two world records; “Largest mobile humanoid robot” and “Largest mobile Gundam”. These were certified by Guinness World Records on December 3, 2020 with the awards ceremony on December 17, 2020. The awards ceremony was attended by Sunrise CEO and President Yasuo Miyakawa, Gundam Global Challenge’s Creative Director Masaki Kawahara, System Director Wataru Yoshizaki, and Technical Director Akinori Ishii, with Guinness World Records Japan manager Kaori Ishikawa issuing the certificate .
- It Moves? Gundam, Follow Your Dreams! - Episode 22 (EN,HK,TW,CN,KR sub)
- Move the life-sized Gundam! "GUNDAM GLOBAL CHALLENGE" submissions open today! | GUNDAM.INFO (2014-08-04).
- Chapman, Paul (2015-11-08). Crunchyroll - "GUNDAM GLOBAL CHALLENGE" Seeks to Make the 1:1 Scale Gundam Statue Walk by 2019.
- 実物大の”動くガンダム”世界最大の「可動型ヒューマノイドロボット」＆「可動型ガンダム」として2つのギネス世界記録に認定！ | GUNDAM.INFO (Japanese) (2020-12-21).