Technology & Combat Characteristics
In an alternate timeline, the Neo Zeon (different from the original Axis Neo Zeon in Mobile Suit ZZ Gundam) led by Casval Rem Deikun appeared as a third faction near the end of the One Year War and attracted defectors from the other two factions. The RX-78/C.A. Casval's Gundam was created by the Neo Zeon for Casval's use, and utilized technologies from both the Earth Federation and Principality of Zeon. Meant to be a symbol for Newtypes, it has a reddish paint scheme like the other mobile suits used previously by Casval. Besides the paint scheme, the performance of the Casval's Gundam was also tuned to match his preferences, resulting in it having better mobility and reaction speed than the original RX-78-2 Gundam.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- Mounted in the head, these shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire but little power and can't damage the thick armor of a mobile suit, though they can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. They are ideal for shooting down small, lightly armored targets such as missiles, attack vehicles, etc.
- Beam Saber
- The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated, and is capable of cutting through any metal not treated with anti-beam coating. The RX-78/C.A. is equipped with two beam sabers stored in the backpack, where their energy capacitors can be recharged. One can be used as a reserve weapon, or both can be used simultaneously in a twin sword fashion.
- Beam Javelin
- The beam javelin is an alternate form of the beam saber, with an extended handle and a three-pronged beam at the end. The long reach of the weapon gives the RX-78/C.A an advantage in close quarters combat.
- Beam Rifle
- The beam rifle is the primary weapon used by the Gundam. Making use of E-cap (or "energy capacitor") technology, the rifle uses charged concentrations of Minovsky particles as ammunition. This gives the beam rifle firepower equivalent to that of a battleship's beam cannons. As the Minovsky particles destroy matter on a molecular scale, the beam rifle can penetrate even the thickest armor and destroy its target with a single shot. A weakness of the beam rifle is that it could only be fired 16 times before depleting its energy and becoming useless.
- Hyper Bazooka
- Technically a large rocket launcher, it could fire several 380mm missiles to attack targets at long range. No mass-production MS's armor is able to stop this weapon. While very powerful, it has a slow rate of fire and a fairly little amount of ammunition. Most oftenly used to take out slow, heavily armored targets.
- Gundam Hammer
- The Gundam Hammer was essentially a large spiked ball attached to a chain, giving the Gundam a ranged melee weapon. The Gundam could either throw or swing the Hammer around itself in order to impact and damage its target through the sheer mass of the hammer. Later, it was upgraded into the Hyper Hammer and had several rockets mounted into the ball in order to allow it to maneuver more effectively in space as well as the ability to change its direction before impact, and to increase the damage it could cause.
- Hand-carried, forearm-mounted or stored on the Gundam's backpack, the shield is a simple defense used to block most incoming projectiles and beam attacks. Also used to great effect in close quarters battle with enemy mobile suits. Has a viewport that can be sealed off with an internal blast plate.
Special Equipment & Features
- Similar to the prototype mobile suits produced by the Earth Federation Forces' Operation V, the RX-78/C.A. is equipped with a central block which houses the mobile suit's cockpit, control systems and main power source. This core block can eject in case of emergency and unfold into a small Core Fighter.
In one of the parallel timelines depicted in the game Gihren's Greed, Char Aznable reverts to his real name of Casval Rem Deikun near the end of the One Year War. He then lead a new faction, the Neo Zeon (different from the original Axis Neo Zeon in Mobile Suit ZZ Gundam), against the Zeon to realize his Newtype ideals. To that end, the RX-78/C.A. Casval's Gundam was developed by the Neo Zeon for Char's use and as a symbol for Newtypes. Records showed that this unit has entered combat with the original RX-78-2 Gundam.
Notes and Trivia
- In the PSP game Gundam Battle Royale, the RX-78/C.A. is a more melee-combat oriented unit than the RX-78-2 and also features Char Aznable's trademark "Kick" maneuver as part of its repertoire.
- In SD Gundam G Generation games, Casval Gundam has a "Kick" attack replacing the vulcan guns.
|Gihren’s Greed Original Mechanics|
RX-78-2 Gundam High Mobility Type | RX-78T Gundam Titans Version | RX-178-X0 Prototype Gundam Mk-II
|Ship / Submarine|
|Principality of Zeon/Neo Zeon|
| Mobile Suit|
MS-15A Gyan Mass Production Type | MS-15B Gyan High Mobility Type | MS-15C Gyan Cannon | MS-15F Gyan Marine | MS-15Fs Gyan Marine Commander Type | MS-15Kg Gyan Krieger | MSN-02R Zeong High Mobility Type | RX-78/C.A. Casval's Gundam | RX-78-Z1 Zeon's Gundam