Technology & Combat Characteristics
The RX-178 Gundam Mk-II B is a mass production MS based on the outdated RX-178 Gundam Mk-II, which was developed during the Gryps Conflict. The Gundam Mk-II B is an improved version designed for land combat with main vernier thrusters removed and strengthened armor. As a result, its performance on the ground is rather high for an Earth Federation Forces MS during this period.
- Beam Saber
- Beam Machine Gun
It is mainly assigned to unit commanders and ace pilots. Although the Gundam series of MS have lead to the development of various new designs, most of them being experimental machines developed for Newtype use, the RX-178 Gundam Mk-II B was the only type sent to the battlefield as a pure mass production model.
- RX-178 Gundam Mk-II B [101st Heavy MS Company use]
- A unit belonging to the Earth Federation Forces' 101st Heavy MS Company. The entire machine is painted in light gray, with the chest coated in so-called "Federation Blue." It features white "101" markings in the lower back. The exact specifications of this machine have not been disclosed, however, it does not appear different than the standard Gundam Mk-II B. Large numbers of these machines were deployed in North America, primarily being attributed to the close location of the Anaheim plant. It is reported that 101st achieved considerable results, following the great record established by the ace pilot Stern brothers.
- RX-178 Gundam Mk-II B [Lordly Stern use]
- Unit 4 of the 101st Heavy MS Company, 3rd Squadron. It is painted dark grey around chest and red on the cockpit with a "34" marking on the side of the left hip. It is the personal machine of captain Lordly Stern, who is reputed to have the best abilities within the unit. He set an impressive record with 138 enemies shot down in the European front. His achievements within the military are famous, along with those of his younger brother, Kraul Stern.
- RX-178 Gundam Mk-II B [Kraul Stern use]
- The personal unit of lieutenant Kraul Stern. There is no documentation regarding the color of his machine, however, it is estimated to be painted in light gray, which is standard coating. The side of the left leg features a "G-5" marking. Despite being transferred to the ground forces from the battlefield in space, Kraul was extremely active late in the European front, shooting down 53 enemy machines in a short period of time. His exploits remain memorable along with those of his elder brother, captain Lordly Stern.
|Revival of Zeon Mechanics|
A/FMSZ-007II Zeta | MSA-003 Nemo (Land Type) | PX-00531 ν Gundam Pre-Test Type | RGM-79E GM II | RGM-86T GM III | RGM-89T Jegan | RGZ-91 Re-GZ | RX-178 Gundam Mk-II B | SSMS-010 ZZ Gundam
RAX-778 G-Ray | RX-92LAS G-Commander
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
AMS-119A1 Geara Doga | AMX-101G Galluss-G | MS-06D Desert Zaku | MS-09E Dwadge | MS-09G Dwadge | MS-09K Dwadge | MS-106 Hizack-B | MS-106 Hizack-D | MS-108 Marasai-E | MS-108 Marasai-G | MS-108 Marasai-H | MS-108 Marasai-S | MS-109A Goblin | MS-109D Goblin | MSN-04B Sazabi | PMX-003 The O II | PMX-005 Breda
MAN-010 G-3 ("Ge Drei") | ORX-005EX Sturm Jaeger