Technology & Combat Characteristics
A customized version of RX-160 Byarlant, the Byarlant Isolde belonged to the mysterious armed group "Birnam" which attacked Earth Federation's special corp "Mastema" near the former asteroid base Axis in U.C. 0096. The Byarlant Isolde retained the three-finger claw arms of the original Byarlant and also features two new back-mounted Propellant Tank/Thruster Units similar to the ones used by RX-160S Byarlant Custom.
- Beam Saber
- Similar to Byarlant, the Byarlant Isolde has a pair of beam sabers stored in the upper arms (near the elbow joints), which can be pulled out during battle. The beam sabers' handles have a triangular cross section to match the mobile suit's clawed hands.
- Mega Particle Gun
- A rapid-fire, ranged armament installed in the Byarlant Isolde's palms.
Special Equipment & Features
- Propellant Tank/Thruster Units
- The propellant tank/thruster unit is a combination of large fuel tank with rocket-propelled thruster units attached at the end. It provides additional fuel for longer deployment times and greatly enhances Byarlant Isolde's acceleration and agility. A pair are equipped on both sides of Byarlant Isolde's back thrusters.
Notes and Trivia
- The Byarlant Isolde is named after Iseult from the 12th century Anglo-Norman mythological tale Tristan and Iseult.
|Mobile Suit Gundam Twilight Axis Mechanics|
AMX-011S Zaku III Custom | AMX-104 R-Jarja | MSN-04 Sazabi
AMA-X4 Ahava Azieru
RGM-89 Jegan | RX-78AN-01 Gundam AN-01 "Tristan" | RX-160G Byarlant Isolde