The RX-0 Full Armor Unicorn Gundam Plan B (also known as Another Full Armor) is the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam with all the Armed Armor equipment. It is known as RX-0 Unicorn Gundam Perfectibility when its Armed Armor DE units feature stabilizers from RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 03 Phenex (Narrative Ver.). When it further incorporated equipment from RX-0 Full Armor Unicorn Gundam, it is then known as RX-0 Unicorn Gundam Perfectibility Divine. It first appeared in the Gundam Try Age game and later in Mobile Suit Gundam UC Perfectibility.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Full Armor Plan B is an alternative plan to the RX-0 Full Armor Unicorn Gundam and is also based on an idea from Takuya Irei. It has all five equipment from the Armed Armor series and its Psycho-Frame glows blue like the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 03 Phenex's. Its forearms are equipped with the Armed Armor BS and Armed Armor VN from the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 02 Banshee. Its backpack's beam saber mounts are used to mount the Armed Armor XC from the RX-0[N] Unicorn Gundam 02 Banshee Norn. Two Armed Armor DE units, also used by Banshee Norm and Phenex, are attached to the backpack to provide additional thrust, I-field coverage and additional beam weaponry in the form of two mega cannons. Lastly, it also carries a Armed Armor HJ (also known as Hyper Beam Javelin) in its right hand and for reasons not explained, the color of the weapon's beam blades changes to blue in this configuration.
There are two other forms of the Full Armor Plan B. The first is the "Unicorn Gundam Perfectibility" form, whereby the two Armed Armor DEs feature tail-like stabilizers from RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 03 Phenex (Narrative Ver.). The second is the "Unicorn Gundam Perfectibility Divine" (also known as Unicorn Gundam PFD) form, which adds equipment mostly from RX-0 Full Armor Unicorn Gundam to the Perfectibility form. The added equipment of the Unicorn Gundam PFD includes two Large Boosters to extend the mobile suit's cruising range, two Beam Gatling Guns, a modified Hyper Bazooka known as Hyper Bazooka Plus, a Grenade Launcher mounted on the Hyper Bazooka Plus, and a pair of Beam Magnums. Additionally, the Beam Gatling Gun and Grenade Launcher can be combined with Hyper Beam Javelin in this form. The Unicorn Gundam PFD is also an idea from Takuya and proved far more capable than simulations predicted.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- A basic armament found on many Federation mobile suits. While essentially ineffectual against mobile suit armor, they are useful in intercepting incoming missiles/rockets, destroying mobile suit sensors, and engaging lightly-armored vehicles.
- Beam Saber
- The Unicorn is equipped with four Beam Sabers, two on the forearms and two in the Armed Armor XC. In Unicorn mode, the MS only has access to the two forearms mounted Beam Sabers. In Destroy Mode, the Unicorn then has access to the two other Beam Sabers in the Armed Armor XC, allowing it access to all four sabers.
- Beam Tonfa
- The forearm mounted Beam Sabers can flip over and be used directly, in this form, they are known as Beam Tonfa.
- Armed Armor DE
- The Armed Armor DE (Defense-Extension) is the normal I-Field-equipped shield used by the Unicorn with additional parts containing more Psycho-Frame, six thrusters (four on top and two at the bottom) and a mega cannon. The Armed Armor DE's Mega Cannon provides the Unicorn with additional ranged weaponry, while the added thrusters grant the suit increased speed and mobility. Two of these units are mounted on the unit's backpack. The suit is also able to use the Armed Armor DEs as remote controlled weaponry, due to the properties of the Psycho-Frame allowing for direct manipulation of an object by a Newtype. The Unicorn Gundam Perfectibility form has tail-like stabilizers on the Armed Armor DEs for attitude control, identical to those used by RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 03 Phenex (Narrative Ver.).
- Armed Armor VN
- A Psycho-Frame embedded weapon fixed on the left forearm. The Armed Armor VN (Vibration Nails) can transform into a claw in both Unicorn or Destroy mode, and uses the super-vibrating vice-like claws to effectively destroy mobile suits. It is treated with beam-resistant coating and can be used as a shield or striking weapon in closed-mode.
- Armed Armor BS
- Equipped on the right forearm, it is a Psycho-Frame embedded, long-range Beam Smart gun, it is capable of extremely accurate firing, achieved by a special built-in sensor unit transmitting spatial data to the pilot via Psycommu system and using the pilot's reaction to synchronize the beam-directing "fins". It can be used in both Unicorn and Destroy Modes.
- Armed Armor HJ
- The Armed Armor HJ (Hyperbeam-Javelin) (also known simply as Hyper Beam Javelin) has two beam blades, one shaped like a spearhead and the other like an axe, attached to a long handle in a design reminiscent of a halberd. Usable as a double edged weapon, it is embedded with Psycho-Frame and is the prototype of the Armed Armor series. When not in use, it seems to be stored on the Armed Armor DE's backpack connector.
- Hyper Bazooka Plus
- Equipped by the Unicorn Gundam Perfectibility Divine, it is a modified version of the Hyper Bazooka. Like the Hyper Bazooka used by the Full Armor Unicorn, it has a removable Grenade Launcher mounted on the barrel's underside. The modification consisted of a new frame part at the bazooka's back for mounting a pair of Beam Gatling Guns. The Hyper Bazooka Plus is stored on the Armed Armor DE's backpack connector when not in use.
- Beam Gatling Gun
- Equipped by the Unicorn Gundam Perfectibility Divine, it is the same weapon as used by the Full Armor Unicorn. However, it only has two guns instead of the Full Armor Unicorn's six. The two Beam Gatling Guns are stored on the back of the Hyper Bazooka Plus when not in use. The Beam Gatling Gun can be combined with the Hyper Beam Javelin as well as the Grenade Launcher.
- Beam Magnum
- Equipped by the Unicorn Gundam Perfectibility Divine, it is the same weapon as used by the normal Unicorn Gundam. A single shot from the Beam Magnum is equal in power to 4 normal beam rifle shots but it uses up an entire E-pac. Each of the Beam Magnum's magazine is loaded with 5 E-pacs, allowing a total of five shots before reloading. The Unicorn Gundam Perfectibility Divine has two Beam Magnums, one stored on each leg when not in use. It is possible for the Unicorn Gundam Perfectibility Divine to use both Beam Magnums at once.
Special Equipment & Features
- Armed Armor XC
- The Armed Armor XC (Xeno-Connect) is an add-on backpack unit that enhances generator output while using the head antenna to detect Psycommu waves from incoming enemy suits, greatly enhancing the pilot's affinity with the machine. The development of this equipment was deeply connected to that of the Psycommu assist system called n_i_t_r_o . The Unicorn's backpack beam sabers are stored in the Armed Armor XC.
- Large Booster
- Two massive boosters identical to those of Full Armor Unicorn's, they provide the Unicorn Gundam Perfectibility Divine with extended cruising range.
Gundam Try Age
The Full Armor Plan B appears in Gundam Try Age as a "Build MS". It is a custom Unicorn Gundam Gunpla modified with parts from the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 02 Banshee and RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 03 Phenex, as well as the hyper beam javelin from the NZ-666 Kshatriya Repaired (which was originally an optional weapon for the Unicorn Gundam).
Mobile Suit Gundam UC Perfectibility
The Unicorn Gundam Perfectibility appeared in an alternate depiction of the final battle of Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn where it was used instead of the original Full Armor equipment. The Unicorn Gundam Perfectibility launched from the SCVA-76 Nahel Argama and transformed from Unicorn Mode to Destroy Mode as it confronted the NZ-999 Neo Zeong. The two machines exchanged gunfire before the Neo Zeong destroyed one of the Unicorn's Armed Armor DE with a Wired Large Funnel Bit. The Unicorn counterattacked by destroying several other bits with its Hyper Beam Javelin until the weapon was pulled out of its hand by one of the bits, it then launched the second Armed Armor DE as a remote weaponry to block beam fire from the Neo Zeong's Large Mega Particle Shoulder Cannons. Shots from the Unicorn's Armed Armor BS and Armed Armor DE subsequently destroyed the Neo Zeong's Sturm Boosters. The Neo Zeong deployed its Psyco Shard Generator to destroy the Unicorn's projectile and beam weaponry, but the Unicorn retaliated by grappling the Neo Zeong's head with its Armed Armor VN and left hand. Full Frontal then reflected on himself before he and Banagher Links were engulfed in a burst of light.
Note & Trivia
- The Full Armor Unicorn Plan B appears in the Gundam Try Age digital card game as a boss when all of the Unicorn story missions have been completed.
- As it was released as part of the Build MS line, this suggests the MS originates from the Gundam Build Fighters timeline.
- The Full Armor Unicorn Plan B was released as part of the Gundam Assault Kingdom figure line, and has all of the weapons of the normal Full Armor Unicorn. This version of the Plan B is dubbed "Another Full Armor" and possesses a green psycoframe.
- Similarly, the Full Armor Unicorn Plan B itself appears as an ace unit in a DLC mission in Gundam Breaker 3 and can be assembled after it drops its unique blue-bladed Beam Tomahawk along with the Armed Armor XC Builder Part.
- The Real Grade release of RX-0 Unicorn Gundam Perfectibility was bundled with a limited first press edition of the "Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Blu-ray Box Complete Edition", featuring new tail stabilizers for the Armed Armor DE units, identical to those found on the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 03 Phenex (Narrative Ver.).
|Gundam Try Age Original Mechanics|
ASW-G-71 Gundam Dantalion | Gundam F91RR | Gundam Try Zeta | NZ-000SP Queen Mansa Septet | NZ-333 ϝ Azieru | RX-0 Full Armor Unicorn Gundam Plan B | Try Age Gundam | 煌黒機動 Gundam Dryon III
KRX-001 Full Burst Psycho Gundam
GF13-017∞ Gundam God Master