Technology & Combat Characteristics
An SD-type ninja Gunpla. It uses the Destroy Mode of the base Unicorn Gundam as its Shinobi Form for normal combat, and the Unicorn Mode as its Kakure Form for stealth operations. Much about this machine remains unclear, and it has many mysteries.
The RX-Zeromaru was later improved by Ayame to signify her break from the past and a fresh start. It now uses metal nozzles and the newest KPS for the joints. It is also repainted, with the surface treatment redone and the edges sharpened.
- Shield Shuriken (シールド手裏剣?)
- Ninjato (忍者刀?)
- Kunai (苦無?)
- Tanegashima Rifle (種子島雷威銃?)
- Magunashiki Tanegashima (馬具那式タネガシマ?)
- Tekkokagi (手甲鉤?)
Special Equipment & Features
- Armed Armor Hattori (武装装甲八鳥 Busou Soukou Hattori?)
- Real Mode
- A powerful frontal barrier that can be generated by the RX-Zeromaru when in Real Mode. The psycho-frame sections on the Gunpla' body change from red to green when deploying the Psycho-Field, which is capable of blocking an attack that has the output of five Gunpla.
- Displacement Sword Technique - Ayame Slash
- An attack where the RX-Zeromaru splits into three copies that strike the enemy simultaneously before merging back.
- Capsule Ninpo - Yari-henge Technique
- The RX-Zeromaru throws a blue colored capsule that release the Musha Tousou Gundam, which transforms into its thruster-powered spear mode that homes in on its target, destroying it in one hit.
- Ninpo Utsusemi Technique
- The RX-Zeromaru replaces itself with a bomb as it is about to be slice apart by the enemy. The enemy Gunpla is then taken out by the exploding bomb.
For RX-Zeromaru's history, please go to Aya Fujisawa's pages.
Notes & Trivia
- The name, "RX-Zeromaru", combines the model number of its design base, RX-0, with the 'maru' suffix which is commonly used in Japanese names of young boys and ships, and also means 'round'.
- Its Shinobi and Kakure forms appear to be based on the Musha Gundam, of the Plamo-Kyoshiro series and the Knight Gundam of the SD Gundam Gaiden series respectively.
- The RX-Zeromaru appearing in episode 23 to the first half of 25 seem to be an intermediate form before the Gunpla was upgraded into RX-零/覚醒 RX-Zeromaru (Shinki Kessho). Some of this intermediate form's new parts are similar to the RX-Zeromaru (Shinki Kessho) such as the new shields and new shoulder, front skirt and knee parts in Real Mode. However, the Gunpla lacks the RX-Zeromaru (Shinki Kessho)'s Gokucho Ozutsus, its psycho-frame is not always a stimulating green (as seen in episode 24 and 25), and the accompanying Armed Armor Hattori is not in the Armed Armor Hattori Kiwami form (as seen in the first half of episode 25).