Technology & Combat Characteristics
The RS-82B-R GM II Custom is a high-mobility variant of the GM II. It was used as the basis for the RX-178 Gundam Mk-II and the RX-86 Sam. Originally developed to replace the unfavorable RS-81 Nemo, it went on to become the leading Federation mobile suit of its time. Its performance is said to rival the famed RX-78 Gundam. The R type was re-designed and heavily modified for the Borderland Security Defense Fleet by upgrading the search capabilities and mobility.
- Beam Rifle RS E-286
- The main weapon of GM II Custom, powered by a rechargeable energy cap. The particle beam fired from a beam rifle can penetrate most armor not treated with specific counter-measures. This model feature a stronger output and better performance than a standard RMS-179 GM II's Beam Rifle
- Beam Saber
- The standard close range armament for most Federation mobile suits. The beam saber is a small device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by a rechargeable energy capacitor. Emitting a blade-shaped beam, it can through any armor not treated with anti-beam coating. The GM II custom has one beam saber stored on its backpack.
- A basic arm-mounted defense armament for many Federation mobile suits. The shield is a thick sheet of armor designed to take severe punishment that would normally destroy a mobile suit. Shields are also treated with an anti-beam coating to withstand several beam shots before the coating wears off. Typically, physical shields can only take so much damage before they succumb to the pressure and break.
- Grenade Launcher
- The GM II Custom's shield possesses minor offensive capabilities as a Grenade Launcher was mounted on it.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- A standard armament of the mobile suits descended from the Earth Federation Forces's RX series. These head mounted shell firing weapons have high-rate of fire, but have little power and are generally ineffective against mobile suits; however, they can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. They are ideal for shooting down small, lightly armored targets such as missiles or attack vehicles.
- Sensor System
- Scanning System SG-325
Due to the powerful ability of the super Newtype, Keith McGreggor, the Earth Federation Forces decided to give him the RS-82B-R GM II Custom. It was heavily modified for the Borderland Security Defense Fleet by upgrading the search capabilities and mobility. It was abandoned by Keith for the more powerful SX-NFR-01SES Tyrant Sword.
|Tyrant Sword of Neofalia Mechanics|
RS-NF-81 STI SES Nemo Sword Custom | RS-NF-81-STI-SES-X3 Improved Nemo Sword Proto 3 | SE-DJ-1R Dijeh Sword Improved | SX-NFR-01SES Tyrant Sword | SX-NFR-02SEV Slave Sword
| Mobile Suit|
RS-81-STI Nemo | RS-82B-R GM II Custom | RX-86 Sam
|Jupiter Energy Fleet|
| Mobile Suit|
ABFS-RR-01M Messala Dinofaust Alpha | ABFS-RR-01S Messala Dinofaust Jupiter
| Mobile Suit|