Technology & Combat Characteristics
The RMSN-002 Febral is a Newtype-use mobile suit developed by the Space Revolutionary Army (SRA) for space combat. Despite its large appearance, the Febral is an agile and quick unit. The Febral is armed with a pair of hand mounted 5-barrel beam guns and 12 bits. Unlike most mobile suits of the time, the Febral's cockpit was in the head, which could detach from the body and act as an escape pod.
- 5-barrel Beam Gun
- The Febral's primary and only weapon is its 5-barrel beam gun which is mounted on the mobile suit's hand. The beam gun functions as the mobile suit's "fingers," however these fingers cannot move. Each barrel of the beam gun can fire a particle beam with moderate firepower, however all five barrels can fire at once to create a beam shot with a higher firepower.
- The Febral is equipped with 12 bits, they fire particle beams that can penetrate through most materials that have not been treated with proper counter-measures, and so have no problem destroying enemy mobile suits. These bits can easily overwhelm most opponents when used en masse.
Special Equipments & Features
- Detachable Head
- The head of the Febral was its cockpit and can detach from the main body and be used as an escape pod.
The RMSN-002 Febral is a Newtype-use mobile suit created by the Space Revolutionary Army (SRA) sometime during the 7th Space War, presumably during the later stages of the war. One notable Febral mobile suit was piloted by the SRA Newtype ace pilot Lancerow Dawell, the rival of the United Nations Earth (UNE) Newtype ace pilot Jamil Neate, who engaged Jamil's GX-9900 Gundam X during the mass colony drop that occurred at the final stages of the 7th Space War when the UNE attacked the space colonies that the SRA threatened to drop. Sometime during the fierce battle between the two Newtype pilots, Lancerow managed to destroy the Jamil's Gundam X's left arm. However the battle between the two drew to a close when Jamil managed to destroy Lancerow's Febral with a beam rifle shot. However, Lancerow managed to fire a final shot with his Febral's beam gun which destroyed the Gundam X's head, which crippled the Gundam. Despite his Febral being destroyed, Lancerow managed to escape through the Febral's ejectable head cockpit. Although both pilots escaped with their lives, both pilots lost their Newtype abilities after their final clash in the 7th Space War.
Notes & Trivia
- The name "Febral" is derived from the 2nd month, February.
- The Febral's model number is analog to its Universal Century counterpart MSN-02 Zeong. Although it is mostly listed with only two 5-barrel finger beam guns as weapons, it also has bits in After War Gundam X: Newtype Warrior Jamil Neate, SD Gundam G Generaion F and Super Robot Taisen R. In SD Gundam G Generation F, it is also equipped with a pair of machine cannons and the combat animation also shows that the finger beam gun can be used as a beam saber.