Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Febral is a Newtype-use mobile suit developed by the Space Revolutionary Army (SRA) for space combat. While the upper body is humanoid, the lower body is shaped like a spindle-shaped skirt with no legs and twelve bits are hidden in the lower body. It has a separable cockpit on the head, and each hand has a five barreled beam gun.
- 5-barrel Beam Gun
- Mounted on each of the Febral's hands. These beam guns function as the mobile suit's "fingers," however these fingers cannot move. Each barrel of these guns can fire a particle beam.
- The Febral is equipped with 12 bits stored in the unit's skirt when not in use. These small remote controlled flying beam guns can easily overwhelm most opponents when used en masse.
Special Equipments & Features
- Detachable Head
- The head of the Febral was its cockpit and can detach from the main body and be used as an escape pod.
The RMSN-002 Febral is a Newtype-use mobile suit created by the Space Revolutionary Army (SRA) sometime during the 7th Space War, presumably during the later stages of the war. One notable Febral mobile suit was piloted by the SRA Newtype ace pilot Lancerow Dawell, the rival of the United Nations Earth (UNE) Newtype ace pilot Jamil Neate, who engaged Jamil's GX-9900 Gundam X during the mass colony drop that occurred at the final stages of the 7th Space War when the UNE attacked the space colonies that the SRA threatened to drop. Sometime during the fierce battle between the two Newtype pilots, Lancerow managed to destroy the Jamil's Gundam X's left arm. However the battle between the two drew to a close when Jamil managed to destroy Lancerow's Febral with a beam rifle shot. However, Lancerow managed to fire a final shot with his Febral's beam gun which destroyed the Gundam X's head, which crippled the Gundam. Despite his Febral being destroyed, Lancerow managed to escape through the Febral's ejectable head cockpit. Although both pilots escaped with their lives, both pilots lost their Newtype abilities after their final clash in the 7th Space War.
Notes & Trivia
- The name "Febral" is derived from the 2nd month, February.
- The Febral's model number is analog to its Universal Century counterpart MSN-02 Zeong. Although it is mostly listed with only two 5-barrel finger beam guns as weapons, it also has bits in After War Gundam X: Newtype Warrior Jamil Neate, SD Gundam G Generaion F and Super Robot Taisen R. In SD Gundam G Generation F, it is also equipped with a pair of machine cannons and the combat animation also shows that the finger beam gun can be used as a beam saber.