Technology & Combat Characteristics
An improved version of the RMS-106 Hizack, it has a new high-precision monoeye sensor and combined with an enhanced generator that allows it to use the high-output sniper beam launcher, it can function as a capable sniper unit. Other improvements include its armor being reinforced with Gundarium Alloy, internalizing some of the vulnerable power cables, and a new backpack as well as thrusters. Overall, it has a modest performance boost over the regular Hizack.
- Beam Saber
- The beam saber is a small device held in the mobile suit's hands when deployed and is powered by a rechargeable energy capacitor. It emits high-energy Minovsky particles to form a blade-shaped I-field (via manipulation of electromagnetic fields), and then fills this I-field shell with superheated Minovsky particle plasma to produce an effective cutting blade for close combat.
- Shoulder Shield
- Mounted on the right shoulder, it is for defending against incoming enemy attacks.
- Sniper Beam Launcher
- The Hizack Custom's main weapon. This handheld beam weaponry has a high-output and long effective range, making it effective for sniper attacks.
- 3-tube Missile Pod
- The Hizack Custom could optionally mount a pair of 3-tube missile pods on each side of its hips for long to mid-range attacks.
Only a limited number of Hizack Custom units were created to be used in special operations and sniper units for the Titans during the Gryps Conflict. After the fall of the Titans, Haman Karn's Neo Zeon movement took the Hizack Custom for their own use during the First Neo Zeon War. Most of the units were seized and used by the Zeon's ground force. In U.C. 0096, during the events of Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn, the outdated Hizack Custom was still used by both The Sleeves and Republic of Zeon.
Notes and Trivia
- The Hizack Custom appears as a semi-hidden unit in Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs. Zeta Gundam. It can be used if the player selects the Hizack and chooses the Beam Launcher in the weapon select sub-menu.
- The beam launcher was released as a 1/144 scale model in the 2014 Summer Campaign parts promotion alongside the G3 gas launcher.