The RMS-099 Rick Dias [Delphi Squad] is a mobile suit that appears in the Advance of Zeta: The Traitor to Destiny series of light novels.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
A modified version of Rick Dias deployed by the Salamis Kai-class Delphi during the Gryps War. It is equipped with an additional pair of booster binders on the forearms to enhance its thrust, facilitating coordination with the MSW-004 Gundam ［Kestrel］ and the MSA-005 Methuss ［Avey Alva use］ that are also carried on board the Delphi. The machine is also modified with additional ducts, verniers, and thrusters on several part of its body.
- Vulcan Phalanx
- A double-barreled 55mm machine gun mounted on the top of the head cockpit. Though not powerful, its high rate of fire meant it was employed to intercept enemy missiles/units, as warning shots, and to destroy lightly armored targets. When in use, the head's hinged hood opens, exposing the cockpit block, which is a weak point.
- Beam Saber
- A beam weapon for close combat. It is a small device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by a rechargeable energy capacitor. It emits a blade of plasma contained by an I-Field and can cut through any armor not treated with anti-beam coating. A single unit is stored on the underside of the back-mounted ride laser rack.
- BP-L-86 Beam Pistol
- A pair of handheld beam guns that can be used in conjunction with the Clay Bazooka. It's E-pack is similar in shape to the one used on MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki's beam rifle. When not in use, it is stored on the ride laser rack on the back with the muzzle pointing upwards, it can be fired in this state as well and has a limited firing arc.
- AE/ZIM.C-BAZ-531 300mm Clay Bazooka
- An innovative projectile-firing weapon, the Clay Bazooka was originally designed to fire adhesive rounds which immobilize enemy machines rather than destroying them outright. However, it could also be loaded with other types of ammunition, including conventional explosive round as well as pellet shot round. The Clay Bazooka has 1 round in its chamber with 7 more rounds in a reloadable magazine.
- BOWA·BR-S-85-C2 Beam Rifle
- The same firearm as used by the GM II and Nemo. It has a power rating of 1.9 MW and is powered by a built-in energy CAP system.
Special Equipment & Features
- Booster Binder
- A total of four binders are attached to the back and forearms. It has built-in verniers and propellant tanks, and can also operate as an AMBAC limb. The ones on its forearms function as a kind of shield booster, improving its thrust and defense.
This machine was received and piloted by Souichi Obino when he was stationed on the Delphi. Lucien Bent, whose GM Cannon II [White Coral] was destroyed, piloted the second unit. Obino's machine was caught in the bombardment of the Colony Laser and destroyed, but the pilot survived. Lucien's unit was damaged in the battle with the Tel Aviv squadron. Lucien was injured in the battle and lost one of his legs.
Notes and Trivia