Technology & Combat CharacteristicsEdit
A special operation mobile suit developed by Anaheim Electronics, the Jestas used by the Shezarr unit for "Operation Phoenix Hunt" all have scope-type sensor enhancement units equipped on their heads. Corresponding to their roles in the operation, the backpacks of the Team A’s machines are retrofitted to high mobility types, the Team B's has sniper equipment in the form of a mega beam launcher and tripod combo, and the Team C uses the capture gun and rides on the Base Jabber Type 89. The Shezarr unit has 2 machines in each team for a total of 6 machines.
- Vulcan Pod System
- Like the normal Jesta, the Jesta (Shezarr Type) has a head-mounted vulcan pod system. The system contains a 60mm vulcan gun that has low firepower but a high rate of fire, and is extremely effective at restraining enemy machines. It can also destroy the camera, sensors and joints of enemy machine at very close range.
- Hand Grenade
- As with the normal Jesta, the Jesta (Shezarr Type) has three hand grenades in each of the grenade racks mounted on the side of the waist. These throwing weapons can be launched directly from the rack, functioning as self-propelled projectiles.
- Beam Saber
- The standard close range armament for most Federation mobile suits. The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by a rechargeable energy capacitor. It emits a blade of plasma contained by an I-Field and can cut through almost any armor not treated with anti-beam coating. Like the normal Jesta, the Jesta (Shezarr Type) has a beam saber stored on the left forearm.
- Beam Rifle
- The same beam rifle as used by the standard Jesta, it serves as the main weapon of the Jesta (Shezarr Type, Team A) and is also used by the Team C after they used up the capture gun. This beam rifle has an excellent rate of fire, and is longer than the usual beam rifle due to the installation of the acceleration/deflection device. Besides the normal firing mode, it also has a beam machine gun-like rapid fire mode. Accuracy can be improved by holding the rifle in a two-handed manner via the main and fore grip, and expansion parts can be fitted to grant additional capabilities. Like other beam weapons, the beam rifle's shots can penetrate any armor not treated with specific counter-measures. Three spare magazines are stored on the right forearm.
- The same defensive armament as used by the standard Jesta, it is used by the Jesta (Shezarr Type, Team B & C) and is mounted on a moveable arm attached to the backpack. The shield possesses minor offensive capabilities as it has two 2-tube missile launchers. These missiles are not very effective against large ships, but are ideal mid-range anti-mobile suit weapons.
- Mega Beam Launcher & Tripod
- A high output beam weapon originally designed for the RGZ-95 ReZEL and its Commander variant, it is configured as a standalone weapon mounted on a tripod and used by Team B.
- Capture Gun
- Used by Team C, it shoots a capsule that releases a large electromagnetic net that shrink upon contact to immobilize and capture the target mobile suit. The gun can only be loaded with a single capsule each time, necessitating a reload after each shot. Its stock can be folded to the side when needed.
Special Equipment & FeaturesEdit
- Scope-Type Sensor Enhancement Unit
- Attached to the additional mount latch on the head, it enhances the suit's shooting performance when deployed.
As part of the "Operation Phoenix Hunt", six Jesta (Shezarr Type) units were deployed in Side 4 to capture the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 03 Phenex. Despite several coordinated attempts, the Jestas still failed to trap the Phenex. As they became desperate, the Jesta (Shezarr Type) team B units tried to hit the Phenex's thrusters to immobilize it, but this also failed. The Jestas' commander, Iago Haakana, then received a message from an unknown source, ordering them to scatter and regroup at designated point Oscar. Initally, Iago demanded the unidentified caller to state their affiliation, but he reluctantly gave the order to scatter after being told that his mobile suit teams' safety cannot be guaranteed if they didn't comply. The Jestas spread out just in time to dodge the High Mega Cannon beam from the RX-9/A Narrative Gundam A-Packs. After seeing Jona Basta struggled to capture the Phenex, the Jestas stepped in to help, but were forced to evade the High Mega Cannon again when Jona fired it to let the Phenex go.
During a team exercise with RX-9/B Narrative Gundam B-Packs, the Jestas received news that the Phenex was supposedly detected at colony "Metis". Using Luio & Co.'s name, the Jestas and Narrative Gundam B-Packs managed to enter the colony. In the colony, one of the Jestas detected something moving in the sky and the Narrative rushed to meet it, only to find that it is the MSN-06S-2 Sinanju Stein. While the Narrative battled the Sinanju Stein, the Jestas fought with the AMS-129 Geara Zulu (Guards Type)s accompanying the Sinanju Stein. After the Narrative's NT-D System was activated and following its docking with the NZ-999 II Neo Zeong, two Jestas tried to get closer, but were blown away. The fight ended when the Phenex intervened and the Narrative undocked from the II Neo Zeong, with both sides retreating back to their motherships. Only Iago's Jesta (Shezarr Type) assisted the RX-9/C Narrative Gundam C-Packs and Phenex in the fight against the II Neo Zeong. However, it was soon hijacked by the II Neo Zeong and used against the Narrative, but was eventually freed after the cable from II Neo Zeong was cut. After the battle ended, three of the Jesta (Shezarr Type) units arrived to pick up Iago and then Jona.
Notes & TriviaEdit
|Mobile Suit Gundam Narrative Mechanics|
|Earth Federation Forces/Luio & Co.|
FD-03 Gustav Karl | MSK-008 Dijeh | MSN-001A1 Delta Plus | RAS-96 Anksha | RGM-89A2 Jegan Type-A2 (GR) | RGM-89D-ESC Jegan Type D Escort Type | RGM-96Xs Jesta (Shezarr Type) | RGZ-95C ReZEL Type-C (GR) | RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 03 Phenex | RX-9 Narrative Gundam | RX-9/A Narrative Gundam A-Packs | RX-9/B Narrative Gundam B-Packs | RX-9/C Narrative Gundam C-Packs
|Aircraft / Spacecraft|
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
Clop-class | Dogosse Giar-class | Irish-class
|Republic of Zeon|
| Mobile Suit|
AMS-129 Geara Zulu (Erika Custom) | AMS-129 Geara Zulu (Guards Type) | AMX-009 Dreissen | MSN-06S-2 Sinanju Stein
NZ-999 II Neo Zeong
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
| Mobile Suit|
ARX-014S Silver Bullet Suppressor