Design & Development
The RGM-86RF GM III Powered was a MS modified from the RGM-86R GM III for veteran pilots.  It features a bullet resistant visor unit with built-in composite sensors on the head, increased armor with anti-beam coating, and enhanced thrusters on both shoulders.
- Vulcan Gun
- Mounted in the head, the pair of shell firing weapons have high-rate of fire but little power and can't damage the thick armor of a mobile suit, though they can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. They are ideal for shooting down small, lightly armored targets such as missiles, attack vehicles, etc.
- Beam Saber
- The standard close range armament for most Federation mobile suits. The beam saber is a small device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by a rechargeable energy capacitor. It can cut through most armor not treated with anti-beam coating. The GM III Powered has two beam sabers stored in the backpack.
- Beam Rifle
- The standard ranged armament of many mobile suits is the beam rifle. The particle beam fired from a beam rifle can penetrate most armor not treated with specific counter-measures. The GM III Powered is usually equipped with a beam rifle that has a power rating of 2.8 MW and powered by a rechargeable energy cap.
- FADEGEL RGM-M-Sh-007 Shield
- An improved model of the RGM-M-Sh-003. It has the exact same size as its predecessor, but its material was changed to Titanium-Ceramic composite. Its mount latch was made movable, allowing the shield to be positioned up or down when carried by a Mobile Suit manipulator or mounted on the forearm, increasing its usability.