Technology & Combat Characteristics
The RGM-86RF GM III Powered was a MS modified from the RGM-86R GM III for veteran pilots.  It features a bullet resistant visor unit with built-in composite sensors on the head, increased armor with anti-beam coating, and enhanced thrusters on both shoulders.
- Vulcan Gun
- A pair of shell-firing armament built into the head. Low offensive power, only used to restrict enemy movement, and lay down a wall of suppressive fire due to their rapid fire capability.
- Beam Saber
- The beam saber is a small device held in the mobile suit's hands when deployed and is powered by a rechargeable energy capacitor. It emits high-energy Minovsky particles to form a blade-shaped I-field (via manipulation of electromagnetic fields), and then fills this I-field shell with superheated Minovsky particle plasma to produce an effective cutting blade. The GM III Powered has two beam sabers stored in the backpack. It has the same shape as the Gundam Mk-II's, but a standard mass-produced beam generator is used.
- Beam Rifle
- The standard ranged armament of many mobile suits is the beam rifle. The particle beam fired from a beam rifle can penetrate most armor not treated with specific counter-measures. The GM III Powered is usually equipped with a beam rifle that has a power rating of 2.8 MW and is powered by a built-in energy CAP system.
- FADEGEL RGM-M-Sh-007 Shield
- An improved model of the RGM-M-Sh-003. It has the exact same size as its predecessor, but its material was changed to Titanium-Ceramic composite. Its mount latch was made movable, allowing the shield to be positioned up or down when carried by a Mobile Suit manipulator or mounted on the forearm, increasing its usability.
- Monthly Gundam Ace, KADOKAWA , May 2018, JAN 4910124010587