Technology & Combat Characteristics
The GM Spartan was developed using the frame of the GM Command series, and is mainly for ground combat in the jungles of subtropical regions. It has added armor on the chest and shoulders as they are considered to be more exposed to enemy attacks, compared to the lower body which tends to be concealed by the trees. To compensate for the added weight, it has a backpack with higher thrust. As the added armor and higher thrust produced excellent results, similar measures are adopted for the RGM-79SP GM Sniper II that was developed later. In addition to weapons that emphasize anti-MS combat in close-range, the GM Spartan also has various equipment to improve concealment, such as infrared shielding sheet, Minovsky particle scattering pod, and smoke dischargers.
- Wired Anti-MS Missile
- A pair are mounted on the right shoulder. They are controlled through the attached wire after firing.
- The GM Spartan uses a special minigun with a handgun mounted at the bottom.
- Pulse Knife
- Stored in a sheath located on the left side of the backpack.
- Short Shield
- A small shield that hangs off the left shoulder.
- A set of three grenades seem to be stored on the right side skirt armor.
Special Equipment & Features
- Minovsky Particle Scattering Pod
- 2-tube Smoke Discharger
- Infrared Shielding Sheet
The GM Spartan was known to have been deployed by the 2nd Special Platoon of the 17th Armored Marine Division in the Southeast Asia front, during the Borneo landing operation (December UC 0079). In addition, there was a GM Spartan unit operated by Karaba during the Gryps War.
|Fukushi Station Mechanics|
GFX-1 | RGM-79 GM Scout | RGM-79S GM Spartan | RX-80
RMB-79 Frog Ball
Hybrid Combat Heli
|Principality of Zeon|
MS-06R-2S Zaku Late Production Type Dozle Zabi Custom | MS-07F Gouf Hunter | MS-09F Dowas Desert | MS-09S Dowas | MS-17B Galbaldy α | MSM-03 Gogg Kai | MSM-04G Juaggu Kai | MSM-07F Z'Gok Crab
MAM-07 Grublo Unit 4
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|