Technology & Combat Characteristics
The GM Custom High Mobility Type is a space-use prototype developed for the purpose of improving mobility in space and featured universal booster pods, leg units, and backpack similar to those equipped on the RX-78GP01-Fb Gundam "Zephyranthes" Full Burnern.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- Mounted in the head, these shell firing weapons have high-rate of fire but little power and can't damage the armor of a mobile suit, though they can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. They are ideal for shooting down small, lightly armored targets such as missiles, attack vehicles, etc.
- XB-G-1019H Beam Saber
- The standard melee combat armament for Earth Federation mobile suits. The beam saber is a small device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by a rechargeable energy capacitor. It emits a blade of plasma contained by an I-field and can cut through most armor not treated with specific countermeasure. The GM Custom High Mobility Type carries the "Augusta MS series" type, it is mounted on the right side of the backpack.
- HFW-GR·MR82-90mm GM Rifle
- A portable, mobile suit-use 90mm rifle built based on the 'system weapon' structure, its effective range and accuracy is superior to the HWF GMG·MG79-90mm machine gun. With the extended barrel, the GM Rifle sees a 15% increase in muzzle velocity, leading to increased armor penetration capability. Additionally, a newly developed caseless cartridge allows for a lightened ammunition load.
- RGM·M-Sh-ABT/S-00057 Shield
- For defense, the GM Custom High Mobility Type uses a shield that is an updated model of the one used by the RGM-79G GM Command.
Several test units were constructed, producing good results during evaluations. However, it failed to reach mass production due to high production costs.