Technology & Combat Characteristics
The GM Light Armor was made alongside the RGM-79SC GM Sniper Custom to meet the demands of some ace pilots who wanted improvements to their RGM-79 GM. Based on the premise of beam weaponry being the decisive factor in battles as a single beam shot can critically damage a mobile suit, the GM Light Armor undergoes comprehensive armor reduction (thinner armor and loss of shoulder and ankle armor) in exchange for higher mobility to enable it be a speedy unit for hit-and-run attacks. As a result, this machine was favored by many of the Federation Forces' ex-Fighter pilots.
- Beam Saber
- The standard close range armament for most mobile suits, it is a small device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by a rechargeable energy capacitor. The beam saber emits a blade of plasma contained by an I-Field and can cut through most armor not treated with anti-beam coating. The GM Light Armor has one beam saber stored on its backpack.
- Custom Beam Rifle
- The beam rifle model carried by the GM Light Armor type was similar to that of the RX-78-2 Gundam's beam rifle, while it packs a heavier punch than the beam spray gun, it has fewer ammunition.
- BR-M-79C-1 Beam Spray Gun
- A handheld mega-particle gun with a lower focusing rate than a beam rifle and short range. The beam spray gun features three different firing modes: a basic single shot mode, a burst shot mode for area suppression, and a range shot mode that scatters the beam to cause damage over a wide area. Output 1.4 MW.
- FADEGEL RGM-M-Sh-003 Shield
- A basic defense armament for many Federation mobile suits. It is composed of a triple honeycomb structure made of Luna Titanium and the surface also has anti-beam coating for defending against beam attacks.
Notes and Trivia
- In Mobile Suit Gundam: Battle Operation, the GM Light Armor is classified as a close-combat specialist unit, meaning it can attack with the beam saber for upwards of 3 well-timed hits.
FA-78-2 Heavy Gundam | RGM-79L GM Light Armor | RX-77-3 Guncannon Heavy Arms Type | RX-77-4 Guncannon II | RX-78-3 Gundam "G-3" | TGM-79 GM Trainer
|Aircraft / Spacecraft|
Corvette Booster | Guncarry | Lightliner
|Principality of Zeon|
| Mobile Suit|
MS-06R-2 Zaku II High Mobility Type | MS-10 Pezun Dowadge | MS-11 Action Zaku | MS-12 Gigan | MS-13 Gasshia | MS-17 Galbaldy α
|Aircraft / Spacecraft|