Technology & Combat Characteristics
The RGM-79LV GM Night Seeker II is an Earth Federation mobile suit specialized in night attacks. The GM Night Seeker are dropped on Zeon military bases by using CB-X5SGT Gunperry Sturm Type. The extra thrusters not only increase the GM Night Seeker II's mobility but also guarantees a quicker landing and a less likely chance of being spotted. Using same method as the RGM-79L GM Light Armor that the minimum of armor can provide an advantage for a fast attack unit for hit-and-run raids. When the GM Night Seeker II units landed their thruster units were jettisoned by explosive separation bolts for more mobility.
The GM Night Seeker II is a rebuild of the RGM-79V GM Night Seeker with only the bare minimum of armor (notably missing on the shoulders, ankles, and two 60mm vulcan gun), thus reducing its weight and giving it more acceleration and maneuverability. The GM Night Seeker II has the ability to increase its sensor range by equipping itself with targeting sensors in the "face guard" visor over its standard sensors. The GM Night Seeker II main weapons are a single beam saber and a custom beam rifle.
- Beam Saber
- The standard close range armament for most mobile suits, it is a small device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by a rechargeable energy capacitor. The beam saber emits a blade of plasma contained by an I-Field and can cut through most armor not treated with anti-beam coating. The GM Night Seeker II has one beam saber stored on its backpack.
- Custom Beam Rifle
- A weapon originally used by the RGM-79L GM Light Armor. It is a very effective long-range weapon, which suits GM Night Seeker II's recon and long-range support role.
- HFW-GMG·MG79-90mm Bullpup Machine Gun
- The bullpup machine gun is an open-bolt, gas-operated, magazine-fed, mobile suit handheld sub-machine gun. It does not require energy to be used, however it is ineffective against heavy armor. When the magazine is empty, it can be discarded and replaced with a new one.
- NF·GMG-Type.37/100mm Machine Gun
- The standard armament for Federation mobile suit ground forces, the Type 37 is an open-bolt, gas-operated, magazine-fed, mobile suit handheld machine gun. It fires a 100x450 millimeter round at a rate of 500 rounds per minute and is loaded with a 20-round box magazine. Features include a folding stock and swivel forward hand grip. Maximum effective range of 1.5 kilometers.
In 0079 U.C, the RGM-79V GM Night Seeker was secretly developed for use by special forces during the third GM production run. As these teams were organized in secret, and their activities were not disclosed, the production of these specialized machines was also a confidential matter. The initial twelve GM Night Seeker were produced by using existing GM units, but before the third GM production run the twelve GM Night Seeker were modified into GM Night Seeker II. After the war, a second production run of the 26 more GM Night Seeker II were built, bringing the total to 38 GM Night Seeker II units.