|Please note that this is the Gundam Wiki's article on the mobile suit featured in Mobile Suit Discovery; if you are looking for the article on RGM-79HC GM Guard Custom featured in Mobile Suit Variations then you should head to RGM-79HC GM Guard Custom.|
Technology & Characteristics
The GM Guard Custom is a mobile suit with improved defense capabilities based on the RGM-79SC GM Sniper Custom. Its personal armament, the Guardian Shield, is composed of five layers of composite armor made of four different alloy materials. It is armed with a beam spray gun and beam daggers that produces a short blade, while a visor with a compound sensor is placed on the head. Despite having high performance, the suit is hard to control and passed to highly skilled pilots. The GM Guard Custom is primarily used for guarding the fleet and base defense, playing an active role in the latter stage of the One Year War.
- Beam Dagger
- The GM Guard Custom has two beam daggers. The blades made of beams are short and adequare for melee combat. They are stored in cases on the forearms..
- Beam Spray Gun
- The standard equipment used by the GM series. Although their beams lack in convergence and output compared to beam rifles, their rapid-fire capabilities have been enhanced.
- Guardian Shield
- A large shield designated to the GM Guard Custom that is large enough to conceal the MS up to its shoulders. Vulcan guns are attached to both ends.
During Zeon's attack on Jaburo, a single unit that was in development participated in its defense, equipped with a standard shield instead of a Guardian Shield. It was able to destroy multiple Zeon mobile suits with its beam dagger, and helped drive out the Zeon attackers.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 RGM-79HC GM Guard Custom Mobile Suit Discovery Mechanical Section
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Gundam.Info (English) Profile
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 HGGTO RGM-79HC GM Guard Custom Manual