Technology & Combat Characteristics
A special machine designed and developed at Augusta related facilities, the GM Dominance was based on the late production type GM. It served as a data collector for improving the combat capabilities of the Earth Federation Forces’ mainstay mobile suit, the GM series. Its operating data not only contributed to the development of new machines, such as the RGM-79SP GM Sniper II, but was also used for the adjustments of rollout units such as the RGM-79G GM Command.
As implied by its name, Dominance, its performance was superior to preceding GM type units. It also had enhanced versatility, with its design sharing similarities with other high specifications machines at that time, like the RGM-79SC GM Sniper Custom and the FA-78-1 Full Armor Gundam. Since the GM Dominance was not meant for mass production, only a small number was produced during the One Year War.
- Beam Saber
- A beam weapon for close combat. It is a small device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by a rechargeable energy capacitor. It emits a blade of plasma contained by an I-Field and can cut through any armor not treated with anti-beam coating. A single unit is stored on the GM Dominance's left thigh.
- Box Beam Saber
- A box-shaped device that emits the blade of a beam saber. The GM Dominance can be armed with up to two box beam sabers, one on each forearm.
- YHI YF-MG100 100mm Machine Gun
- The standard armament for Federation's mobile suit ground forces during the One Year War that was developed by Yashima Heavy Industries. It has an alternate model number: "NF·GMG-Type.37/100mm". Equipped with a box magazine and folding stock, it has excellent rate of fire and is easy to wield. It utilized a smoothbore type barrel that lacked rifling and has to be replaced after firing 3000 rounds. The weapon could utilize three different types of ammunitions: HEAT (High Explosive Anti Tank), APFSDS (Armor-Piercing Fin-Stabilized Discarding-Sabot), and HESH (High Explosive Squash Head), allowing combat units to select the appropriate type to meet operational needs.
- Twin Beam Cannon
- A ranged beam weapon developed for the GM Dominance, it demonstrated immense firepower with the large diameter beams fired from its twin barrels. When using this weapon, the box beam saber on the right forearm is removed.
- RGM*S-Sh-WF/S-00109 Shield
- Mounted on the forearm, this small, light shield is commonly used by the Gundam Ground Type and GM Ground Type. Constructed of Luna Titanium alloy, it is designed to primarily protect the cockpit and other critical areas. Additionally, it can be used as a close range striking weapon in mobile suit combat. Furthermore, through lodging the spikes at the tip into the ground, the shield can serve as a free standing frontal defense. This also allows the mobile suit to use both hands to hold large caliber weaponry and maintain a stable firing position.
- FADEGEL RGM-M-Sh-007 Shield
- An improved model of the RGM-M-Sh-003. It has the exact same size as its predecessor, but its material was changed to Titanium-Ceramic composite. Its mount latch was made movable, allowing the shield to be positioned up or down when carried by a Mobile Suit manipulator or mounted on the forearm, increasing its usability.
- Spike Shield
- The same shield as used by the GM Striker, it was developed for ground-based, anti-mobile suit melee combat. This defensive armament can be used as a striking weapon thanks to the two pile bunkers mounted at the tip.
- Gun Turret
- A pair of gatling cannons that can function as autonomous sentry guns, captured from a MS-09B Dom. Equipped by Philip Hughes's unit, they are stored on a rack on the back of the mobile suit when not in use.
Yuu Kajima of the Guinea Pig Team was assigned a GM Dominance (in his personal colors) for testing purposes and to replace his RGM-79［G］ GM Ground Type. After Yuu switched to the RX-79BD-1 Blue Destiny Unit 1, it was piloted by Philip Hughes and repainted in his personal colors.
|Mobile Suit Gundam Side Stories Series Original Mechanics|
RGM-79BD-0 Blue Destiny Unit 0 | RGM-79DO GM Dominance | RGM-79DO［AQ］ GM Dominance (Underwater Equipment) | RGM-79FD Armored GM | RX-78XX Gundam Pixy | RX-79［G］ SW Slave Wraith | RX-79［G］WR Full Armor Slave Wraith | RX-79BD-1 Blue Destiny Unit 1 | RX-79BD-2 Blue Destiny Unit 2 | RX-79BD-3 Blue Destiny Unit 3 | RX-80PR Pale Rider | RX-80PR-2 Pale Rider Cavalry | RX-80PR-3 Pale Rider Dullahan
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
SCV-73 Blanc Rival | SCVA-72 Thoroughbred
|Principality of Zeon|
MS-05S Zaku I Commander Type | MS-05B Zaku I Land Warfare Type | MS-08TX Efreet | MS-08TX(EXAM) Efreet Custom | MS-09F Dom Funf | MS-14G Gelgoog Ground Type | RX-79BD-2 Blue Destiny Unit 2 | RX-80PR Pale Rider | YMS-06Z Psycommu Early Test Type Zaku