The RGM-79C GM Type C [Keraunos Squad] is a mobile suit that appears in the Advance of Zeta: The Traitor to Destiny series of light novels.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The GM Type C was deployed by the anti-Titans organization "Keraunos" as a reserve force. It is constructed based on the basic frame of the nearly discarded GM Type C, substituting missing parts with GM Command and other junk parts, and the head and backpack are based on those of the GM Command. Its specifications are the same as those of the regular GM Type C, but the cockpit features a panoramic monitor and linear seat. It has also been adjusted to suit the pilot's fighting style, and has superior instantaneous power compared to the normal GM Type C.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- A pair of shell-firing armament built into the head. They have low offensive power and are only used to restrict enemy movement or lay down a wall of suppressive fire due to their rapid fire capability.
- Beam Saber
- A beam weapon for close combat. It is a small device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by a rechargeable energy capacitor. It emits a blade of plasma contained by an I-Field and can cut through any armor not treated with anti-beam coating. One beam saber is stored on the right side of the backpack.
- HWF GMG·MG79-90mm Bullpup Machine Gun
- The bullpup machine gun was a system weapon developed as a Space/Ground dual use projectile weapon. Though compact, it has sufficient anti-MS firepower while maintaining accuracy. Its muzzle velocity is increased due to the use of new gunpowder and this enables it to easily penetrate the armor of Zeon's mobile suit. A box-like sensor system incorporating a video camera and laser sensor is installed at the top, and when this system is used alongside the GM's targeting system, target acquisition capability is enhanced.
- BOWA·BR-S-85-C2 Beam Rifle
- The same firearm as used by the GM II and Nemo. It has a power rating of 1.9 MW and is powered by a built-in energy CAP system.
- NFHI RGM-M-Sh-AGD Shield
- A shield made of titanium/ceramic composite developed near the end of the One Year War. Thanks to its curved shape and an anti-beam coating with a higher heat resistance than previous models, it is more resistant against both ballistic and beam weapons.
Special Equipment & Features
- Dummy Balloons
- Stored in the hands, they are made to resemble the machine that equips them for the purpose of disguise and distraction. The balloons are especially effective in tricking enemy's sight at long distances, since visual combat is the mainstream due to radio interference caused by the scattering of Minovsky particles.
Van and Lopes assemble the machine aboard the Zanzibar-class Keraunos and engaged the Titans' pursuit force in the Bering Sea. It achieved battle results by using dummy balloons under gravity, a tricky strategy, but its left leg was damaged in a battle in the Appalachian Mountains of eastern North America, and it was upgraded to the RGM-79C GM Type C "Wagtail".