Technology & Combat Characteristics
The RGM-79C GM Type C "Wagtail" is a custom mobile suit used by the anti-Titans organization Keraunos and piloted by Van Asiliaino. The "Wagtail" is a further upgrade of the GM Type C [Keraunos Squad], made with parts provided by Anaheim Electronics. The high-mobility Wagtail Unit, which was rejected during the development of the RGM-86R GM III has been equipped. Additional shoulder and leg thrusters have also been installed, and propellant capacity has been increased. While these changes give the unit high mobility, they make it difficult to pilot. The original GM Type C's motion control program is unable to handle the Wagtail Unit and additional thrusters, so artificial intelligence has been installed.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- A pair of shell-firing armament built into the head. These rapid-fire but low offensive power weapons are used for destroying lightly-armored units, restricting enemy movements, intercepting missiles, intimidation, etc.
- Beam Saber
- The beam saber is a small device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by a rechargeable energy capacitor. It is capable of cutting through any armor not treated with anti-beam coating. The Wagtail has four beam sabers, two mounted horizontally on the shoulders and two stored in the shield.
- The Wagtail is equipped with a modified version of the GM Command's NFHI RGM-M-Sh-AGD Shield that features anti-beam coating and has had its upper half removed so as to not interfere with the mobile suit's shoulder thrusters. Two beam sabers can be stored on the back of the shield.
- Specialized Beam Rifle
- A modified version of the GM II's beam rifle, it has a different sensor unit and a lengthened barrel.
- HFW-GR·MR82-90mm GM Rifle
- The GM Rifle is a simple shell-firing machine gun, it has nowhere near the power of a beam rifle, but can be cheaply produced and easily maintained. It features different barrel, sensor unit, stock and magazine configurations that allows for different ballistic and handling properties. The ammunition is stored in spare clips that can be replaced when they are used up.
- BLASH HB-L-07/N-STD Hyper Bazooka
- Technically a large rocket launcher, it could fire several 360mm missiles to attack targets at long range. No mass-production MS's armor is able to stop this weapon. While very powerful, it has a slow rate of fire and a fairly little amount of ammunition. Most often used to take out slow, heavily armored targets.
Rivaling with Titan’s Hi-Zack and the GM Quel, Van Asiliaino realized the limits from a difference in basic specs of his GM Kai, so he took the opportunity to make large scale improvements on his half-damaged unit. With the help from the mysterious sponsor Van is able upgrade his GM Kai into the RGM-79C GM Type C "Wagtail". Improvements made to the Wagtail included more thrusters, improved verniers, an improved engine system, a larger propellant capacity, and an elongated leg frame.