Technology & Combat Characteristics
Befitting its name, the GM Sniper is a RGM-79［G］ GM Ground Type modified for long range combat. The GM Snipers aren't seen with the various stanard hand-carried weapons that a GM Ground Type has, instead, its primary armament is a Long Range Beam Rifle. The rifle is meant for long range combat, and typically connected to an external power supply and cooling system for more effective attacks.
- BLASH XBR-X-79YK Long-Range Beam Rifle
- The GM Sniper carries a long-range beam rifle mounted with a high-powered scope, allowing the pilot to hit distant targets with pinpoint accuracy. The rifle can be powered via one of two ways; either the GM Sniper charges the rifle's E-Cap for more then two minutes and it can only fire two shots per charge, or the E-Cap is bypassed and the rifle is connected via cable to an external power supply and cooling system. This second method has higher output, range and longer beam irradiation time, allowing the weapon to destroy a space cruiser in a single shot.
- X.B.Sa-G-03 Beam Saber
- The GM Sniper has two beam sabers, one stored in the side of each leg. The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by a rechargeable energy capacitor. The beam saber emits a blade of plasma contained by an I-Field and is capable of cutting through almost any armor not treated with anti-beam coating.
- RGM*S-Sh-WF/S-00109 Shield
- Mounted on either forearm, this shield is commonly used by the Gundam and GM Ground Types. Mount latch and joint/pivot mount position retracted for protection or extended for slashing or punching attacks. Can be thrust into the ground and used as an elevated weapon firing position. Features include top carrying handle and shield claw.
At least three RGM-79［G］ GM Ground Types of the Kojima Battalion were outfitted as GM Snipers and were instrumental in the destruction of Zeon's experimental mobile armor Apsalus III and Shiro Amada's RX-79［G］Ez-8 Gundam Ez8 during the One Year War.