Technology & Combat Characteristics
A successor of the long RGM-79 GM line, the Freedom model is a completely outdated mobile suit formerly used by the Earth Federation before it was dissolved. Compared to CONSENT's CCMS-03 Bugu, the Freedom's MPC-2 handplug system is only compatible with old hand hold weapons and apparently doesn't support beam rifles. While it has a beam shield listed as one of its armaments, it is usually armed with only a conventional shield. In the movie, a few models of the Freedom have a blue left shoulder. What this means at this time is unknown, but it may denote a commander or elite pilot status. The RGM-196 Freedom is also the prototype of F Saviour, the sixth unit of the Saviour Series .
- Beam Saber
- The RGM-196 only close range melee weapon. These are mounted and stored on it's right rear beside it's shoulders, when used the machine can directly pull out the cylinderical weapon.
- Beam Shield
- MPC-1- and MPC-2-compatible Hand Weapons
- Modules compatible with RJ-14 PHP
- Machine Gun
- 2x vulcan cannon (absent in some units)
- Single seat with cockpit in torso
- Air inlet x 2
- Plug-MPC 2 x 2 for external power supply
- System-14 connectors PHP
A Mobile Suit created during the end of the Earth Federation, the Freedom is well over three decades old by the time of G-Saviour. Although it used to be a military unit, it was used by the Sides for self-protection and works . It is first and only seen when CONSENT forces led by General Garneaux attack Side 8. They, however are no match for the CONSENT Mobile Suits, Bugus and MW-Rais.
One Freedom, piloted by Franz Dieter, was severely damaged and crashed on one of the colony's solar panels. He and the other Freedom pilots won the battle only through the intervention of Mark Curran in the G-Saviour and the arrival of the Illuminati.