Technology & Combat Characteristics
A distant successor in the long RGM series of mobile suits, the Freedom is an outdated mobile suit formerly used by the Earth Federation before it was dissolved. Compared to CONSENT's CCMS-03 Bugu, the Freedom's hand plug system is only compatible with older handheld weapons.
- Vulcan Guns
- A pair of vulcan guns located in the head. Used to thwart enemy movement.
- Beam Saber
- The Freedom's only close range melee weapon. It is stored on the backpack when not in use.
- Beam Shield
- The Freedom has beam shield generators located on both of its forearms.
- MC-1 thru MC-2 and MPC-1 thru MPC-2 Compatible Hand Weapons
- The Freedom can be equipped with a variety of old handheld weaponry through a handplug system.
- Machine Gun
- A machine gun that fires physical rounds. It has a high rate of fire but is largely ineffective against more modern mobile suits.
- The Freedoms deployed by Gaea carry a physical shield for blocking ranged attacks. However the shield is seldom able to protect the Freedom, as it is easily damaged by beam weaponry.
Referred to as "Old Dog" by pilots, the Freedom was created during the end of the Earth Federation, and is almost three decades old during the events of G-Saviour. Although it used to be a military MS, it soon fell into private use by the Settlements (Sides space colonies) for self-defense and construction.
A squadron of Gaean Freedoms were deployed when CONSENT armed forces led by General Garneaux attack Side 8. These Gaean units lacked the ability to use the Freedom's original beam armaments, instead relying on old physical handheld weapons utilizing the MPC-1 and MPC-2 handplugs. In addition, the Gaean Freedoms had not received consistent maintenance, and many units had a unstable reactor. Of the 50 Freedom units Gaea had, only 40 were deployed, with the other 10 being used for spare parts. The outdated mobile suits were no match for the more advanced CONSENT mobile suits, the Bugus and CONSENT's autonomous mobile weapons, the MW-Rais.
One Freedom, piloted by Franz Dieter, was severely damaged and crashed onto Gaea's solar panels. He and the other Freedom pilots, who were volunteers not experienced with MS combat, won the battle only through the intervention of Mark Curran in the G-Saviour and the arrival of the Illuminati.
|Illuminati/Settlement: Gaea (Side 8)|
G-SAVIOUR G-Saviour Origin Mode | G-SAVIOUR G-Saviour Space Mode | G-SAVIOUR G-Saviour Terrain Mode | G-SAVIOUR G-Saviour Terrain Mode Hover Type | I-SAVIOUR Illusion | RGM-196 Freedom
|Transporter / Supply Ship|
|Congress of Settlement Nations|
CAMS-13 MS-Rai | CCMS-03 Bugu
|Transporter / Supply Ship|
Shuttle | Space MS Carrier
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|