Technology & Combat Characteristics
The RGM-122 Javelin Early Type was the early production model of the mass-produced mobile suit RGM-122 Javelin. It was built in the same production line as RGM-119 Jamesgun, and therefore share some parts. The suit was called 'Javelin' as it used the Shot Lancer (Javelin unit) which was derived from the Crossbone Vanguard's mobile suits as the standard armaments.
- Vulcan Gun
- Standard armament for Earth Federation mobile suits is a pair of defensive Vulcan guns mounted in the mobile suit's head. These Vulcans are used to intercept missiles, destroy light vehicles, etc. They typically have little effect on a mobile suit's heaver armor.
- Shot Lancer
- The backpack mounted shot lancer is a weapon derived from the Crossbone Vanguard that became standard equipment on the Javelin. It is a close range weapon designed to impale enemy mobile suits.
- Beam Shield
- Unlike an I-field generator, which is effective only against beam attacks, the beam shield blocks both beam and projectile weapons. The beam shield generates a plane of energy similar to the blade of a beam saber. This plane is divided into multiple sections, which can be turned on or off as needed to conserve energy. Individual sections are also automatically deactivated whenever they're in danger of coming into contact with the mobile suit itself. The Javelin Early Type has a beam shield mounted on its left forearm.
- Beam Saber
- The beam saber emits high-energy Minovsky particles to form a blade-shaped I-field (via manipulation of electromagnetic fields), and then fills this I-field shell with superheated Minovsky particle plasma to produce an effective cutting blade. The Javelin Early Type is equipped with two beam sabers.
- Beam Rifle
- The Javelin Early Type uses a standard beam rifle for ranged combat that is powered by a rechargeable energy cap.
|League Militaire/Earth Federation|
LM111E02 Gun-EZ Early Production Type | LM111E02 Gun-EZ Improved Type | LM111E02 Gun-EZ Land Use Type | LM111E02 Gun-EZ Prototype
RGM-119 Jamesgun Early Production Type | RGM-119D Jamesgun Desert Type
RGM-122 Javelin Early Type | RGM-122 Javelin Mega Spear Loading Type | RGM-122 Javelin Prototype | RGM-122C Javelin Cannon
ZM-S06S Zoloat Early Production Type | ZM-S06G Zollidia Kai | ZM-S06GD Zollidia Desert | ZMT-S06G Zolorotor
ZM-S08G Zolo First Mass Production Test Type
ZM-S09GE Tomliat Reconnaissance Type
ZM-S19S Shy-Tarn Local Guard Division Type
|Rig Shokew's variation|
ZM-S22G Rig Shokew Beam Rotor Equipment Type