Technology & Combat Characteristics
The RGM-109-M5 Heavygun is a modified version of Earth Federation's RGM-109 Heavygun. It has a slight reduction in height and weight, and is equipped with a more powerful reactor. It also had a reduced number of vernier thrusters, but the same number of rocket thrusters that have been upgraded to provide higher thrust. Despite being newer, though still outdated compared to modern MS of the time, the RGM-109-M5 Heavygun also had a reduced set of armaments due to the removal of the grenade racks and head Vulcans, and is not equipped with the beam shield that is commonly equipped with MS of the era.
- Beam Rifle
- The same portable firearm as used by the original RGM-109 Heavygun, it features a full barrel structure for barrel protection and to maintain accuracy. As the weapon is developed during a time where anti-MS combat is not the main focus and usage of beam rifles are actively avoided to protect the space colonies, it is installed with a sub-sensor as well as a limiter to avoid excessive power.
- Beam Saber
- The beam saber emits high-energy Minovsky particles to form a blade-shaped I-field (via manipulation of electromagnetic fields), and then fills this I-field shell with superheated Minovsky particle plasma to produce an effective cutting blade. The Heavygun usually stores a beam saber in its body for melee combat.
- A piece of equipment that increases the Heavygun's defensive capability, it is typically mounted on the left forearm.
The RGM-109-M5 Heavygun was operated by the space colony "Macedonia", one of the independent nations of Side 2, for its own defense. In U.C. 0153, when the Zanscare Empire began its militarist expansion, this machine was shown to be painfully outdated and outperformed by the Zanscare Empire's mobile suits that were superior to even the Earth Federation Force's. Still the Macedonia colony attempted to resist with their mobile suit forces but it proved futile. Side 5's "Neo-Texas" also deployed their own modified version of the machine.
- Heavygun (Texas Specification)
- Appears in the Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam: Ghost manga, it is a refurbished version of the RGM-109-M5 Heavygun developed independently by "Neo Texas". In addition to having a different chest shape, a machine cannon is also added to the left shoulder.