Technology & Combat Characteristics
The RAS-96 Anksha was developed as the successor to the NRX-044 Asshimar, but shares many interior components with the RGM-89 Jegan, and this allows its production cost to be reduced. Just like the Asshimar, the Anksha is capable of high-altitude atmospheric flight without the help of a sub-flight system while in its mobile armor mode. With the application of magnetic-coating technology on the unit's joints and large moving parts, the Anksha can transform between mobile suit and mobile armor modes in a matter of seconds.
Unlike the Asshimar and more like Federation suits of the era, the Anksha abandons its predecessor's mono-eye sensor in favor of the typical compound sensor unit as seen on the Jegan and RGZ-95 ReZEL. It is equipped with internal differential pressure sensors and air traffic control radar. Further enhancements made to the Anksha from the Asshimar's original design include a larger number of flight-surfaces, increasing the unit's maneuverability (especially while operating high in the atmosphere). Interestingly, the suit also incorporated technology from ORX-005 Gaplant in the form of the arm-mounted movable shield binders which also contain the suit's beam rifles. The Anksha can serve as a sub-flight system for other mobile suits in the same fashion as a Base Jabber.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- A standard armament of Federation mobile suits. These shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire but little power and can't damage the thick armor of a mobile suit, though they can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. They are ideal for shooting down small, lightly armored targets such as missiles, attack vehicles, etc.
- Beam Rifle
- The Anksha's beam rifles are integrated into the arm-mounted movable shield binders and directly connected to the suit's generator, improving their output.
- Beam Saber
- The standard close range armament for most Federation mobile suits. The beam saber is a small device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by a rechargeable energy capacitor. It emits a blade of plasma contained by an I-Field and can cut through any armor not treated with anti-beam coating. The Anksha is equipped with two beam sabers stored in the knees.
Special Equipment & Features
- Movable Shield Binder
- Derived from the equipment of the same name on the Gaplant, these arm-mounted binders help to enhance the suit's aerial mobility while in MA mode.
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn
In U.C. 0096, the Anksha was developed and produced by Anaheim Electronics for the Earth Federation Forces. A few units were stationed aboard the Garuda-class carrier Garuda during the Laplace Conflict. These units were deployed when the Garencieres attacked the Garuda. Some of the Ankshas supported the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 02 Banshee and attacked the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam, while the others attacked the Garencieres in an attempt to destroy the Zeon freighter. Most of the Ankshas deployed by the Garuda were damaged or destroyed during the battle.
Mobile Suit Gundam Narrative
In U.C. 0097, a squad of Ankshas were deployed alongside some FD-03 Gustav Karls and RGM-89D-ESC Jegan Type D Escort Types to escort Martha Vist Carbine. Jona Basta engaged one of the Ankshas in a MSK-008 Dijeh and lost its right forearm in the process. The Anksha puts up a fight even after losing its right arm and lower half of its body, but was destroyed by another Dijeh.
Notes & Trivia
- The Anksha's name is possibly a variant of العنقاء (al-ʽanqāʼ ) or Ankaa/Ancha in English, meaning phoenix in Arabic. This could be because it reuses the concepts of two Gryps-era mobile suits.
|Mobile Suit Gundam Narrative Mechanics|
|Earth Federation Forces/Luio & Co.|
FD-03 Gustav Karl | MSK-008 Dijeh | MSN-001A1 Delta Plus | RAS-96 Anksha | RGM-89A2 Jegan Type-A2 (GR) | RGM-89D-ESC Jegan Type D Escort Type | RGM-96Xs Jesta (Shezarr Type) | RGZ-95C ReZEL Type-C (GR) | RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 03 Phenex | RX-9 Narrative Gundam | RX-9/A Narrative Gundam A-Packs | RX-9/B Narrative Gundam B-Packs | RX-9/C Narrative Gundam C-Packs
|Aircraft / Spacecraft|
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
Clop-class | Dogosse Giar-class | Irish-class
|Republic of Zeon|
| Mobile Suit|
AMS-129 Geara Zulu (Erika Custom) | AMS-129 Geara Zulu (Guards Type) | AMX-009 Dreissen | MSN-06S-2 Sinanju Stein
NZ-999 II Neo Zeong
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
| Mobile Suit|
ARX-014S Silver Bullet Suppressor